The primary focus of the role is to drive revenue, increase profit before taxes within their branch and other assigned branches in the market, and manage risk within their branch and other assigned branches in the market. Job functions also include maintaining a superior and consistent level of client service, developing cohesive teams, providing consistent leadership, and assuming accountability for the Branch’s results. In addition, a large emphasis will be placed on the recruitment and retention of Financial Advisors. Market Managers must be responsible for fiscal management, personnel management and morale, business ethics and practices, and compliance with all Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations. The Market Manager will report into the Market Executive.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Has a thorough understanding of the Firm’s products and those of its strategic partners; uses this knowledge to provide resources and direction in order to drive sales.
• Knows where the resources are; able to direct the sales force to the right resources in an efficient manner as to make the sales process more efficient.
• Effectively applies product/business knowledge to recruiting efforts; able to “translate” competitor offerings into Morgan Stanley Wealth Management products, and understand and explain how a recruit will be able to continue to help meet their clients’ needs.
Seeks opportunities to grow business and drive sales by capitalizing on firm initiatives; focuses on building strong relationships with corporate departments and strategic partners to achieve the marketing efforts of the Branch and other assigned branches in the market.
• Drives corporate marketing initiatives to help increase market share in High Net Worth households.
• Builds effective teams by constantly communicating relevant information on a timely basis and conducting regular meetings.
• Participates in Region and Market initiatives, including sales, hiring, recruitment, diversity, and community outreach.
• Responsible for growing their branch and other assigned branches in the market through hiring, lateral recruiting and training.
• Leads by example by ensuring that the Branch Manager’s office and other assigned branches in the market are consistently achieving the objectives of the US Wealth Management Group, maintains a positive morale, has a strong track record of growth, has ethical business practices, and demonstrates a commitment to diversity and respect for others.
• Leads proactively by identifying trends, potential areas of growth and weakness and addressing these areas in order to positively position the Region within the geographic market.
• Leads their Branch in efforts of Sales and results as well as for other assigned branches in the market.
• Identifies key talent in the Branch and other assigned branches in the market, positions and develops that talent, and encourages those individuals to participate in the leadership of the Branch and Region.
• Leverages the resources of the Firm to achieve the highest level of success.
• Acts as a coach and mentor for all Financial Advisors in their Branch as well as other assigned branches in order to drive results.
• Accountable for the Branch’s sales performance and financial performance as well as other assigned branches.
• Proactive involvement in lateral and trainee recruiting and development.
• Responsible for regulatory, legal and compliance issues for the primary branch including: risk management in regards to monitoring sales, human resources, and legal and regulatory practices. Oversight and supervision for same issues for other assigned branches in the market through identification of risk issues and ensuring they are escalated appropriately to the market level.
• Responsible for establishing a core compliance model in offices under supervision.
• Responsible for following supervisory procedures as outlined in the Branch Manager’s supervisory Manual.
• Responsible for executing the Annual Supervisory Plan.
• Responsible for effectively communicating the status of performance and issues to the Market Executive.
Education and/or Experience
• 5 or more years of related experience and/or training including demonstrated success managing a substantial branch office or equivalent.
Licenses and Registrations
• Active Series 7, 8 (or 9 and 10), 66 (or 63 and 65) and 3 registrations (Series 31 acceptable if branch conducts managed futures business only)
• Other licenses as required for role or by management
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to think critically
• Ability to manage a team
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to interact with senior management team, Financial Advisors, support staff, clients and corporate and field personnel as needed
• Ability to own projects at a Branch level
• Ability to organize and prioritize work, meet deadlines, and complete projects
• Direct: Market Executive
• Financial Advisors, Branch Support Staff, and in some circumstances Resident Manager and/or Producing Branch Managers.
• This list is meant to be directional and should not be considered complete, as it may be supplemented on an as needed basis.
*All candidates should verify that they meet the minimum eligibility requirements prior to applying.
Expected base pay rates for the role will be between $290,000 and $300,000 per year at the commencement of employment. However, base pay if hired will be determined on an individualized basis and is only part of the total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, incentive compensation, discretionary bonuses, other short and long-term incentive packages, and other Morgan Stanley sponsored benefit programs.
Morgan Stanley's goal is to build and maintain a workforce that is diverse in experience and background but uniform in reflecting our standards of integrity and excellence. Consequently, our recruiting efforts reflect our desire to attract and retain the best and brightest from all talent pools. We want to be the first choice for prospective employees.
It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy, veteran or military service status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/Disability/Vet).