Country:United States of America
Location:HFL05: Landing Gear - Miami 3201 NW 167th Street , Opa Locka, FL, 33056 USA
Position Role Type:Onsite
Collins Aerospace is looking for an individual Machinist II 2nd Shift for our Miami, FL Landing gear Facility, one of the most rapidly growing facilities across the company. The Machinist produces machine parts by programming, assembling, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) and manual machine (Lathes, Mills, Grinders, and other specialized CNC and manual machines).
This position will be working in an Onsite capacity.
This position is not eligible for relocation
2nd Shift: Mon. - Fri. 2:30PM-11:00PM
- Interprets blueprints, work orders, engineering plans, specifications, reference planes, designs sketches and geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T) for operation, material, and dimensional requirements.
- Perform manual turning, facing, treading, tapering, and boring operations.
- Assembles, repairs, and fabricates metal parts into sub-units or complete units using operating mechanical equipment.
- Takes measurements of material using micrometers and vernier calipers and selects appropriate machines for the process.
- Performs machining setups and adjusts as required.
- Conducts inspections of work produced.
- Checks SPC charts for frequency of checks, gauging and measurements.
- Keeps records and maintains quality/safety standards
- Additional duties may be required
- HS diploma with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a HS diploma or GED, 4 years of relevant experience is required.
- Current or previous experience performing manual lathe operations
- Ability to user measuring devices such as micrometers, tread gages, and vernier calipers
- Ability to hold tolerances +/- .001
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
- Manual Lathe and mills experience preferred.
- Experience working in Aerospace or MRO Facility.
- Current or prior experience machining exotic metals.
- Machine Trade School a Plus
- Ability to set up manual machines (Lates and Mills) for appropriate operations.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio, and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market
Our Advanced Structures team leverages advanced materials and additive manufacturing to develop complex interior and exterior solutions. These solutions ensure structural integrity of the aircraft, help aircraft take off and land, stay trim in the air, move forward, carry cargo and conduct rescues. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable, and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation, inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
* Please consider the following role type definitions as you apply for this role.
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance employees, as they are essential to the development of our products.
Regardless of your role type, collaboration and innovation are critical to our business and all employees will have access to digital tools so they can work with colleagues around the world – and access to Collins sites when their work requires in-person meetings.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy pet insurance, home and auto insurance, additional life and accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal, ID theft protection
- Birth, adoption, parental leave benefits
- Ovia Health, fertility, and family planning
- Adoption Assistance
- Autism Benefit
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 10 free counseling sessions
- Healthy You Incentives, wellness rewards program
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Bright Horizons, child, and elder care services
- Teladoc Medical Experts, second opinion program
- And more!
This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with FAA Guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per FAA’s regulation 14 CFR part 120, as well as 49 CFR part 40.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms