Federal and State Income Tax Controversy Specialist
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manage the communication process between Siemens and the Internal Revenue Service and state taxing authorities regarding Siemens Federal and state income tax audits.
- Responsible for ensuring timely and accurate responses to all income tax audit inquiries issued by any U.S. tax authority.
- Experience with data collection across a variety of tax and accounting software systems.
- Manage Federal and state tax audits of pre-acquisition periods of subsidiaries.
- Ensure the review and analysis of IRS and state audit calculations and confirm the appropriateness of the calculations, including the company’s income tax liability and interest.
- Proactively identify documentation, based on audit experiences, necessary to support various tax positions taken on the federal and state tax returns and advise relevant Siemens personnel to ensure proper documentation is in place.
- Prepare responses to IRS and state inquires/notices and discuss with agents.
- Manage the process of preparing and filing amended state income tax returns required as the result of the closing of a Federal IRS audit (so-called RAR returns).
Education and Qualifications:
- 6+ years experience with Federal and state income tax issues (tax planning or compliance), at least 3 of which are in the area of income tax controversy.
- A./B.S. in Accounting; Graduate Degree in Taxation a plus.
- Solid understanding of broad-based Federal and state income tax issues, including among others: state apportionment and state adjustments, TCJA international issues, M&A transactions, including §382 issues, consolidated tax return issues, transfer pricing, tax credits, and financial instruments.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple issues simultaneously.
- Experience with tax research and writing.
- Highly proficient technical skills in MS Office Suite and tax research software.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication
- Excellent project management skills.
- Experience with CorpTax a plus.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive/flexible time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Wellness Program
Organization: Controlling and Finance
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.