Sr Electrical Service Specialist - Columbus
Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical curiosity and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020Our Culture:
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive, and responsible environments. Our aim isn’t just about improving buildings; it’s about creating perfect places that improve peoples’ lives. In this multifaceted role, you will run the start-up/commissioning, maintenance, and troubleshooting emergency electrical issues. These power systems include transformers, circuit breakers, switchgear/switchboard, protective relays, motor control centers, VFD’s, cable, and metering and backup power supplies
Leads from basic to complex installation and checkout of electric and electronic components for systems and service installed jobs and service agreements. Tasks are associated with maintenance and testing of switchgear/switchboard, motor controls, circuit breakers, panel boards, transformers, and surge protection devices. Responsible for vibration analysis and metering, power monitoring, power quality, and protective relay maintenance.
Performs on-site technical and operational support in the design, development, installation and maintenance of equipment and systems of a complex nature.
Provides instructions to customer personnel regarding proper operations and routine inspections and assists with training and system acceptance. Train customers to maintain and adjust complex equipment.
May complete the planning and estimating of labor categories, rates, material dollar costs, and transportation expenses to complete complex proposals. Performs the review of complex task plans, drawings, and installation schematics and provides continual guidance throughout the project duration.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience and has the required knowledge for position.
- HS diploma or equivalent required. Specialized skill training/certification may be required; An Associate degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training preferred.
- NETA and NICET certifications preferred.
- Required to travel a minimum of 70%, up to and including overnight stays
- Experienced at electrical testing, including but not limited to primary current injection testing, resistance testing, dielectric testing, and thermal scans on medium and low voltage electrical systems required.
- Experienced at utilizing electrical test sets to perform AC and DC High Potential testing, Transformer Turns Ratio testing, Transformer Power Factor testing and other power system tests practices and procedures.
- Familiar with Siemens GIS, AIS, WL, RL and SB breakers and switchgear required.
- Achieve NICET level 1 within 1st year
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.