Join the growing team at our world-class rail car manufacturing facility in Sacramento, CA. Siemens Mobility, Rolling Stock Division is the North American market leader in the production of passenger locomotives and coaches, and light rail vehicles.
As a Material Handler, you will support a broad range of activities in a dynamic, high energy warehouse environment providing all material to production departments for manufacturing the best rail vehicles in the world.
Starting pay - $17.00/hr. (plus shift premium – 10% for 2nd shift, 20% for 3rd shift)
11 paid holidays, 18 days PTO
401K – 6% company match
Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
What you will be doing:
- Specific area or responsibility may include receiving, put away, picking, kitting, or delivery of material to production.
- Ensure transactional accuracy for all material movements – i.e. ensure the correct quantity of material is moved to the specified location, and MRP system transactions are completed correctly.
- Ensure all material is properly identified with appropriate labels and part numbers.
- Carefully handle material to prevent any damage during handling in the warehouse or delivery to production.
- Immediately notify supervisor of any quality or delivery issues
- Use of powered industrial vehicles in the movement of material. Certification for use of some tools and equipment may be required, such as crane, forklift, order picker, scissor lift, and fall protection equipment.
· Meet production schedule for material delivery to production.
· Explain warehouse procedures and processes to fellow workers.
What you will need to be successful:
- High school education or GED
- 2 years previous experience in a warehouse environment
- Basic English skills – ability to read and understand written instructions and effectively communicate verbally.
We would be impressed if you had:
- Warehouse experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Powered Industrial Vehicle certification
We stay at the forefront of the rail industry. We continuously improve, learning directly from those who are doing the work.
We are optimistic about change and the possibilities it brings: We welcome programmatic improvements and strategy shifts which will result in positive results for the world.
We value our people, and we support their growth and development: Our people are at the center of our work, and we support their development by finding their level of potential development through problem-solving and in collaboration with peers.
We mean what we say, and we commit to our promises: We follow through on our commitments with honesty and integrity
We do more with less: We are a lean organization serving customers who are serving communities of people.
We are principles-based, not rules-based: We make decisions based on what we believe is best for our people and the communities we serve as opposed to adhering to a prescriptive set of immovable practices.
We value diversity and strive to be inclusive in our work, both for our customer and our team members: We believe in the importance of investing in employees in alignment with our values and honoring every individual story and unique path.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.