We are looking for someone who has is driven to ensure fire safety. Are you up fo the challenge?
Working with the Service Operations Supervisor, this position will provide inspection, testing and provide maintenance, to state and local codes; completing required documentation including deficiency repair recommendations; performing and/or coordinating work for compliance.
- Responsible for the execution of service schedules including routine servicing, inspection, and up sell to efficient complete projects while exceeding customer's expectations. The Fire Alarm Technician combines a proven understanding of technical/professional principles and concepts with in depth knowledge of team objectives. Ensures the quality and service of self and others.
- Responsible for meeting expectations while performing quality inspections. Perform routine inspections, testing, servicing, and preventative maintenance of Portable Extinguishing.
- Completes Service Orders with accurate coding through communication devices, such as laptop computers and/or hard copy. Follow and maintain a highly structured inspection schedule. Input, retrieve and archive inspection documentation program via the laptop computer. Make minor repairs while under direct authorized supervision. Complete assigned inspections on time and accomplish other tasks as assigned.
- Perform fire alarm inspections and preventive maintenance services on Portable alarm panels and networks
- Maintain professional, timely, communication with customers to assure problem resolution. Coordinate and effectively utilize technical resources, information, material, and support to assure efficient execution of all your work.
- Supervise and assure the progress and completion of work you're leading. Complete and submit all required task-related, activity, efficiency, and other documentation in a timely manner.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 2 years experience in service, installation, inspections, sales or management in the fire alarm industry.
- Must hold a NICET II Certification or have the ability to earn one within 1 year of joining Siemens. Proven and strong solid understanding of life safety and local and national NFPA codes.
- Proven Fire alarm inspection and testing experience highly desired and preferred.
- Must be proficient in the use of computers to include Windows and Excel
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds and high-lift equipment. You will need to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 40 pounds. Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous, tasks, and duties. Ability to complete work you're doing and special projects with minimal supervision or direction.
- May be required to work overtime, including weekends and holidays as well as alternative shifts or work nights.
- Must have a current, valid driver's license in good standing and be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
We offer you weekly pay, plus OT pay, full health/life/vision & dental benefits, a matching 401K plan, generous paid time off and company holidays and company profit sharing.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, marital status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.