Country:United States of America
Location:HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
Position Role Type:Onsite
Do you have what it takes to develop Display architectures and design approaches for an innovative, forward thinking, intrinsically motivated engineering design team?
The Display Products Engineering department in the Avionics business unit of Collins Aerospace is searching for an Associate Director Systems Architect to join our team. We like to learn, have fun, and make a difference! It comes easily when you work on cool products with hard-working individuals who share the same passion. Our Displays engineering team leads the industry with cost competitive, innovative technology that sets ourselves apart from our competition and helps our customers make the most of their investment in our products.
We are looking for a strong, passionate leader with an action oriented, collaborative mindset, who operates with a vision, delivers benefits to meet/exceed expectations, builds and enhances his/her teams, evaluates performance of self and others by results, plans for his/her team’s needs, anticipates project/organizational change, all while operating with Full Integrity.
Display Products is responsible for designing displays for both commercial and military avionics. The successful candidate will architect display solutions for our wide customer base to meet cost, schedule, and technical performance commitments, working closely with the Display Design and Technology groups consisting of both Hardware and Software Engineers. The successful candidate will interface with many functions outside of Display Products including Program Management, Engineering Leadership, Operations, peers in other departments & directorates, and customers in both commercial and military markets.
Experience related to the design and development of avionics displays is desired; engineering design experience and Earned Value management experience is strongly desired. Excellent communication and presentation skills are critical for this position for briefings to executive leadership and customers. Flexibility to adapt to the needs of our diverse customer base in various markets is required. Involvement in bid and proposal work is expected.
- Developing smart and remote display architectures and design approaches
- Advanced Display technology development and maturation
- Technical proposal development
- Developing trade studies focused on technology options and price-to-win
- Developing Display technology and product roadmaps
- Awareness of roadmaps from other Avionics engineering organizations
- Product design and development
- Review of Systems Engineering artifacts across multiple programs
- Teaching and mentoring
- Some domestic and international travel is expected
- Contributing to FAA certification of products
- Familiarity with AMLCDs used for avionics as well as emerging Display Technologies
- Ensures compliance with Avionics Engineering Processes
- Ensures compliance with Program / Product requirements as reflected in design plans
- Maintains awareness of Displays technology and Company's competitive position
- Typically requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) unless prohibited by local laws/regulations and minimum 12 years prior relevant experience or an Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 10 years of experience or in absence of a degree, 16 years of relevant experience
- A degree in Electrical or Systems Engineering is preferred
- Development experience spanning the entire product life-cycle
- Successful leadership experience in developing certified flight deck displays
- Experience with Avionics regulatory and certification requirements: TSO, DO-160, DO-254, DO-178B/C
- Demonstrated success in balancing system performance and affordability
- Strong communicator, able to interface with the spectrum of individual contributor to executive leadership
- Must be able to obtain a U.S. DoD Security Clearance.
- U.S. citizenship is required, as only U.S. citizens are authorized to access information under this program/contract
- May be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio, and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances flight deck solutions, airborne communications, vision systems, sensors and fire protection for commercial and military customers around the world. That means we’re helping people reach their destination safely and keeping pilots, passengers, flight crews, airlines, airports and military personnel connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success.We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
* Please consider the following role type definitions as you apply for this role.
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance employees, as they are essential to the development of our products.
Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite. Ratio of time working onsite will be determined in partnership with your leader.
Remote: Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily offsite (from home). An employee may be expected to travel to the site location as needed.
Regardless of your role type, collaboration and innovation are critical to our business and all employees will have access to digital tools so they can work with colleagues around the world – and access to Collins sites when their work requires in-person meetings.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: pet insurance, home and auto insurance, additional life and accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal, ID theft protection
- Birth, adoption, parental leave benefits
- Ovia Health, fertility, and family planning
- Adoption Assistance
- Autism Benefit
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 10 free counseling sessions
- Healthy You Incentives, wellness rewards program
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Bright Horizons, child and elder care services
- Teladoc Medical Experts, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms