Support the regional outside sales effort in the construction market with a focus on key contractor accounts by handling some quotation, preparing proposals, helping with the clean order hand-off and proactively managing a large majority of the pre- and post-order tasks the sales team is now involved with. They will also assist with customer development and in the qualification of new opportunities. This role will report to the Area Sales Manager who will take lead on assigning focused accounts to support the SE on/assigned SEs/assigned territories. There will also be a dotted line to the Sales Support Manager who will take lead on providing overall direction for the role, streamlining of processes, training and development needs and tools and resources to support success and productivity.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
• Manage $20-25M annually to support sales team
• Prospecting, developing, and expanding new business
• Managing, developing, and expanding customer relationships by responding to inquiries, escalating urgent
• matters and proactively updating on project developments
• Assist Sales Engineers with strategic large project proposal preparation
• Prepare for and generate product documentation
• Supporting Order Entry and Handover process responsibilities
• Developing internal process improvements in sales cycle
• Post-sale order management / change order management
• Technical liaison between customer and business unit
• Primary point of contact and/or assists with coverage for SE’s out of office
• Takes lead on miscellaneous requests such as replacement parts for disconnect switches, panelboards, add to-existing breakers, etc
• Customer Support Ambassador
o Know who to go to within Customer Support organization.
o Rigorous follow-up; understands escalation paths
• Position has the potential to develop the skills necessary to move into a sales position if desired
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Experience Level: Entry to Mid-level Professional. Full time.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering desired, although candidates with varying degrees will also be considered based on experience. A combination of education and directly related work experience will also be considered in lieu of a BS degree.
• Ability to effectively work with a wide range of customers, both internal and external.
• Ability to manage, develop and expand customer relationships.
• Ability to effectively multi-task and demonstrate strong communication and presentation skills.
• Strong Project Management and organizational skills
• Candidate will reside and work within assigned territory and must be willing and available to travel for company training, business unit meetings and territory support.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications shows the discipline and willingness to work with our proprietary web-based enterprise systems.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Electrical Industry sales experience.
• Contractor/Manufacturer/Distributor work experience.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
• Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and flextime off.
• Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
• Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.