Lead Research Engineer
We are seeking a Lead Research Engineer and Senior Lead Research Engineers with strong software engineering expertise to join our Automation Runtime Systems Research Group in Princeton, NJ. The right person will have a mix of research experience in software engineering and strong knowledge of industrial automation systems to drive research projects in Siemens!
In the role as Lead Research Engineer, you will
• Lead and drive research topics on the industrial data and control infrastructure for the automation systems of the future
• Advance the state-of-the-art, including generating patents and publications in top journals and conferences.
• Apply research and working knowledge to solve real world industrial challenges
• Work with Software Engineers to build concepts and develop working prototypes
• Present technical results to customers and acquire new businesses
• Seek advocacy from appropriate Siemens’ business units on potential use cases
• Develop sophisticated engineering software
• Design, implement, test, optimize, and document software components
• Fast prototyping, feasibility studies, specification, and implementation of product components
Qualified candidates will have:
• MS. or PhD. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Automation Engineering, Autonomous Systems, Electrical engineering
• Lead Research Engineers require a minimum of 3 years of experience in similar research / software engineering roles. Senior Lead Research Engineers require a minimum of 7 years of experience in similar research engineering roles.
• Knowledge of industrial automation systems for discrete or process industries.
• Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication (verbal & written) skills
• Real world problem solving and a hands-on, can-do mentality.
• Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
• Experience with IoT, Edge, and Cloud systems
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.