Rail systems must do one thing above all: run. With modern maintenance solutions – from diagnostics to data-based action recommendations, from quick delivery of replacement parts to strategically planned modernization – we ensure your systems' highest reliability and availability: 100% Railability.
Good service means we are there for our partners and customers when they need us – and beyond. That is because we define ourselves by what we do. We help our customers move the world every day, hour, and minute.
We seek to hire a Mechanical Desk Engineer to assist the Locomotive Engineer and onboard train staff with urgent queries or at the train on route with our long-term maintenance contract for a fleet of high-tech rolling stock. The fleet consists of Tier 4 compliant high-horsepower locomotives in a push-pull configuration with elegant coaches to deliver a high-end customer experience. These trains operate today from West Palm Beach to Miami and, in the future, will run up to 125 mph from Orlando to Miami 7 days a week.
If train crews have a problem with a locomotive or the coach, they call the "Mechanical Desk" 24/7 on the radio/phone from the train route. The "Mechanical Desk" supports solving the problem on the radio/phone or en route. The trainset is in trouble, and you own the problem-solving!
We have the responsibility to assist the on-train staff remotely or en route in a critical situation and guide them through troubleshooting to limit service delays supported by remote data from fleet monitoring that is sent directly from the trainsets will be utilized.What your day-to-day looks like:
- Assist with troubleshooting or operational questions from the onboard crew.
- Develop action plans; measure and analyze results; initiate corrective actions; minimize variances' impact; continuously improve processes.
- Maintain a very close working relationship with the customer.
- Fault trending, fault analysis
- Writing service-bulletins
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, or equivalent technical experience.
- Experience in operating rolling stock (Locomotive Engineer) and rolling stock maintenance
- Experience in dealing with the FRA / CFRs, knowledge of applicable laws and regulations
- Strong interpersonal skills and a dynamic personality are needed to optimally collaborate with people at all levels within the organization, customer, and community.
- Ability to continually challenge the status quo, providing strong leadership for continuous improvement of results and efficiency.
- Ability to walk through a structured troubleshooting process - staying calm in complex and time-critical situations.
- Ready to develop deep technical and functional knowledge about our Venture Coaches and Charger Locomotives
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1
- Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast-evolving, pioneering technological environment.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology, sustaining communities, and positively impacting the community.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
While we appreciate all applications, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without the need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The base salary range for this position in West Palm Beach, FL, is $54,320 - $89,000. The actual salary/wage offered may be lower or higher depending on budget and candidate experience, knowledge, skills, and qualifications.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.