Country:United States of America
Location:HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
Position Role Type:Onsite
As a Principal Electrical Engineer in the Communication Products Engineering Department in Mission Systems, you will design and develop power electronics hardware (power supplies, EMI filters, power converters, etc) used in high performance communication products, such as sophisticated software-defined radios and data links designed for use in various ground, airborne, and space applications.
Successful candidates should expect to be immersed in a fast-paced, team-based, and challenging technical environment where your talent and initiative can stand out and thrive. To view more on Mission Systems, click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5C9hcL_5Do
This position is a hybrid role in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, with on-site presence as needed.
- Use and application of electrical engineering principles and techniques to design, develop, document, verify, support, and troubleshoot power supply hardware for communication products. This may include the design of AC/DC power supplies, EMI filters, power converters, etc.
- Perform circuit card design lifecycle activities including requirements capture, schematic capture, design documentation, simulation & analysis, creation of board stack-up and routing instructions, coordination and review of printed wiring board layout, creation of test plans, root cause analysis, and integration.
- Collaborate with a multi-discipline team to assure defined requirements are consistently met in all phases of a product's lifecycle, including supporting integration and test of the final product.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and at least eight (8) years of prior relevant experience
- OR Advanced degree in a related field and minimum of five (5) years’ experience or in absence of a degree, twelve (12) years of relevant experience is required.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Must have or be capable of obtaining a U.S. DOD Secret Clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
- Experience with schematic capture of electrical circuit designs. Includes familiarity with a schematic capture tool (examples may include Mentor Graphics xDxDesigner and/or Xpedition, Altium, Cadence Allegro, EAGLE, KiCAD, Multisim, EasyEDA, etc.) for creation of circuit card designs.
- Experience with power supply design – various topologies; isolated and non-isolated; 10 Watts to kW’s
- Ability to provide leadership and mentorship to less experienced engineers.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies, including planning, tracking, and managing hardware development tasks in JIRA is a plus.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
Life insurance and disability coverage
Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
Best Doctors, second opinion program
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms