New Payment Flows (NPF) division’s charter is to capture new sources of money movement through card and non-card flows, including Visa Business Solutions, Government Solutions and Visa Direct which presents an enormous growth opportunity. Our team brings payment solutions and associated services to clients around the globe. Our global clients and partners deploy our solutions to serve the needs of Small Businesses, Middle Market Clients, Large Corporate Clients, Multi Nationals and Governments.
The Visa Business Solutions (VBS) and Visa Government Solutions (VGS) team is a world-class technology organization experiencing tremendous, double-digit growth as we expand products into new payment flows and continue to grow our core card solutions. This is an incredibly exciting team to join as we expand globally.
- Strong technology and leadership background building enterprise scale applications using Scala/Java, Spring, REST APIs, RDBMS, and Angular/React. Machine Learning, Data Engineering (Hadoop, Hive, Spark), NoSQL, Kafka, Streaming and Data Pipelines desirable.
- Design and deploy data and pipeline management frameworks built on top of open-source components, including Hadoop, Hive, Spark, HBase, Kafka streaming and other Big Data technologies.
- Champion Design and Coding best practices while technically leading a small team.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Automated Test tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory, Git, Selenium, Chef desirable
- Familiarity or experience with data mining, data science, machine learning and statistical modeling (e.g., regression modeling, clustering techniques, decision trees, etc.) is preferred
- Responsible for the design and implementation of an innovative, scalable, and distributed systems that take advantage of technology to allow standardization, security, timeliness and quality of data.
- Work with and manage remote teams
- Work with product managers in developing a strategy and road map to provide compelling capabilities that helps them succeed in their business goals.
- Work closely with senior engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high quality work on tight schedules.
- Project management: prioritization, planning of projects and features, stakeholder management and tracking of external commitments
- Operational Excellence: monitoring & operation of production services
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards and processes.
- Mentor junior team members, develop departmental procedures and best practices standards.
- Hire and retain world class talents to deliver data platform projects.
- Strong Negotiation Skills: You will be a distinguished ambassador for product development, collaborating, negotiating, managing tradeoffs and evaluating opportunistic new ideas with business partners
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
• Bachelor degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. Advanced degree preferred
• Requires 10+ years of experience, at least 3 of which were in leading engineering teams
• 6+ years of hands-on experience in Hadoop using Core Java Programming, Spark, Scala, Hive, PIG scripts, Sqoop, Streaming, Kafka any ETL tool exposure
• Strong knowledge of Database concepts and UNIX
• Strong knowledge on CI/CD and engineering efficiency tools including code coverage
• Experience in handling very large data volume in low latency and/or batch mode
• Proven experience delivering large scale, highly available production software
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• A deep understanding of end-to-end software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
• Payment processing background desirable but not required
• Experience working in an Agile and Test-Driven Development environment.
• Strong business and technical vision
• Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, facilitation, and interaction skills, including ability to effectively communicate architectural issues and concepts to multiple organization levels and executive management
• Quick learner, self-starter, detailed and work with minimal supervision
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.