This person will be responsible for technical support for presales inquires for our Industrial PC Product Line.
In addition this person will be responsible for implementing technical solutions for marketing programs and presentations. The person will also be responsible for knowledge transfer for new products the training and creation of application notes and FAQ’s. You will work closely with the product marketing group to implement marketing plans. This person will manage the AMPS presales support line and respond to field request for the Industrial PC product line.
Outward focused, product specialist & promoter with emphasis on:
- Promoting ("get others to sell")
- Supporting the sales of products & technologies of the business unit ("transfer knowledge")
- Consulting on application of products ("high-level technical advice")
Support field sales with technical presale questions and product selection. Managing the presales hotline and following cases thru to competition. Ability to research products (both Siemens and competitors) to help find the answers to presales request. Meet KPI’s for response times and customer satisfaction for presales cases. Support the FA Marketing team with technical issues in the development of marketing programs and demos. Knowledge transfer for new products, attend training in HQ and bring back that knowledge and training to the US support team.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Knowledge of customer applications and concerns in industrial automation applications is required and ability to interpret customer schematics to help select correct products.
- BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 8+ years of overall professional experience.
- Typically 3-5 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
- Good breath of knowledge of SIMATIC IPC products (current and legacy)
- Ability to demonstrate customer benefits of Siemens products and have knowledge of competitor strengths/weaknesses
- Communication is a key aspect of this role – verbal and written. Presentation skills are required both in delivering presentations, but also in developing standardized presentations and tools for use by the sales community.
- Applies advanced skills to independently resolve very complex problems not covered by existing procedures or practices.
- Displays a high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and/or cross-functional problems.
- Travel typically 20%
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.