Siemens Industry is looking for a Project Manager Manufacturing for our Grand Prairie, TX factory located in the heart of the DFW Metroplex. Our growing facility has over 650 employees that produce high-quality, engineered and make-to-order circuit breakers. The Project Manager Manufacturing is responsible for construction management of the existing expansion project. This includes documentation and performance measurement of manufacturing processes, new product introduction, improvements to production lines, capital expenditures, cost savings measures, CAD, additive manufacturing, productivity, KPI's, and machine operations and management. The Project Manager also participates in the resolution of issues and improvements to IT infrastructure and production systems. Projects owned by this position will be key components in the realization of the factory vision.
Seeking a talented Project Manager with hands-on construction management and/or manufacturing experience. This position will place emphasis on high visibility plant expansion that will streamline manufacturing processes. The candidate will be a jack-of-all-trades rather than a specialist. The types of projects that will need to be executed are varied and will require an adaptable skillset. The success of a manufacturing plant depends on how well its systems and processes work together and how well we can integrate new technology.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and digital factory technology to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
- Implements the project within the pre-determined financial targets (budget, target costing, target profit margin).
- Responsible for overall success of function or project and troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
- Oversee construction project, manufacturing process/equipment install and coordinate equipment arrival and install.
- Ability to excel in Global Engineering and Manufacturing Environment.
- Accident Prevention and safety documentation
- Assembly and Audit Control Procedures
- Contribute to plant success through continuous improvement projects
- Establish an effective and efficient work sequence
- Evaluate existing manufacturing processes and workflows to identify areas that could benefit from changes and improvements
- Facility Management, Lean Manufacturing and process improvement
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and cross-departmental meetings to ensure collaborating and cohesion
- Product Testing/Validation
- Production efficiency, scheduling, methodologies
- Quality Assurance/Total Quality Management
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction management.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience managing projects in a manufacturing or construction environment.
- Understanding of Lean Methodologies, certification preferred.
- Ability to travel domestically 15% of the time.
- PM certification preferred.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
• Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and flextime off.
• Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
• Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.