343 Industries, the studio developing Halo games, is looking for a Senior Animation Generalist to join our team working on the next big Halo shooter experience. We are seeking talented, experienced developers who want to work on a triple-A franchise that will redefine the Halo experience and live and breathe as a service for years to come.
• Work closely with designers to enable rapid prototyping of new Narrative and Animation features and systems.
• Deliver architecture, implementation, and maintenance of robust, flexible, serviceable narrative focused animation and gameplay systems. • Provide mentoring and leadership to junior Campaign engineers.
Knowledge, Experience, and Skills:
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• 4-6 years of animation related development experience in the games (or related) industry
• At least 5 years of professional C++ experience
• Passion for creating amazing AAA game experiences
• Experience working with large and complex tools and codebases
• Understanding of AI and Animation systems
• Good understanding of algorithms, performance, optimization and debugging
• Good 3D Math skills (linear algebra and trig.)
• Good narrative design sensibilities
• Experience with LUA or similar scripting systems
• Experience building design tools in the games (or related) industry
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.