The Business Development Lead is responsible for advancing the go-to-market strategy for Jaro’s first-in-class charging solution for electric semi-trucks. The Business Development Lead will work with the CEO to engage corporate customers including major retail brands and multinational logistics companies, adapt our product offering to their specific business needs, and land our first major commercial contracts. This work is foundational for Jaro’s growth as we work to transform this enormous economic sector and deliver major environmental benefits.What you’ll do
- Build strong relationships with trucking and logistics companies (e.g. UPS, JB Hunt) to understand their specific fleet electrification needs
- Refine and pitch our value proposition to identify deal blockers and land major commercial agreements
- Provide strategic organizational leadership including fundraising and growth strategy
- Have extensive B2B customer experience with hardware products
- Have a track record of successful go-to-market work in relevant industries including logistics, supply chain, EV charging, EVs, and/or grid-tied assets.
- Have or be able to rapidly build a professional network in the logistics/supply chain industry
- Have firsthand experience in a startup environment or similar
- Communicate efficiently to share learnings and make clear group decisions
- Value diverse ideas, backgrounds, and problem solving styles
- Display leadership qualities that align with Teal organizational values
Compensation and Benefits
- Transparent, equitable, and market-competitive compensation package, including salary and stock options with extended exercise windows
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance with premiums covered at 100% for employees and 75% for dependents
- Paid parental leave for all employees
- Unlimited vacation policy with 3 weeks encouraged, plus additional company time off around winter holidays
- Discretionary funds for self care, professional development, and community relationship building
- Specific professional development program option for women in STEM, through Gotara partnership
- Flexible WFH policy within the needs of the role
About Jaro Fleet Technologies
Jaro Fleet Technologies exists to accelerate the widespread adoption of electric semi-trucks. Founded by an experienced electric vehicle expert (Apple SPG, 3 startups, MIT, Stanford) and well-capitalized by top-tier venture capital firms (Pale Blue Dot, Lerer-Hippeau, Box Group), Jaro Fleet Technologies is developing a breakthrough charging technology and highly-scalable customer acquisition model to rapidly electrify the fastest growing segment of US freight trucking.
Jaro Fleets is a Public Benefit Corporation in which each employee has rights to protect the company’s mission, has an annual vote on CEO performance, and is empowered to prevent workplace discrimination. By inviting diverse, passionate employees to thrive in a more equitable organizational model, Jaro seeks to demonstrate a better way to solve climate.
Join Jaro’s team to help us build this vision.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our products. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on PowerToFly. Let us know if this job is closed.
We're connecting diverse talent to big career moves. Meeting people who boost your career is hard - yet networking is key to growth and economic empowerment. We’re here to support you - within your current workplace or somewhere new. Upskill, join daily virtual events, apply to roles (it’s free!).
Are you hiring? Join our platform for diversifiying your team