Siemens Mobility has been a leading supplier of mobility for over 160 years. Our core business includes rail vehicles, automation, electrification solutions, turnkey systems, and related services. We have always been innovative in making traveling faster, safer, and more comfortable. Today, we need answers to new challenges such as climate change and rising populations worldwide. That's what drives us. We shape mobility with passion, always one step ahead. Our 39,600 employees are pioneers in mobility who help to keep the world moving.
Our services provide comprehensive solutions for rail systems, including railway electrification services. Our mission is to make real what matters by setting the benchmark in how we service and support our customers throughout the lifetime of their system.
We seek to hire a US-based service authority for railway electrification/traction power systems, ideally a Testing & Commissioning Technician or an Engineer to support our large installed base in North America. We would love to have you join our team!What your day-to-day will look like:
- Carrying out tests per approved test plans, test procedures, and risk assessments; Completion of test documentation & reports
- Performing on-site system assessments where you will diagnose, tackle and repair wiring or equipment failures.
- Co-developing solutions for system upgrades, modernization, and digitalizing
- Understanding customer struggles and converting them into service offerings as you develop customer proposals.
- Travel up to >80% is required in peak times, usually expected less than 50%
To thrive in this role, you have a Technical diploma or Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering. You are a Qualified Electrician with at least five years of experience in substation testing and commissioning or engineering. You are experienced in Traction Power within the Rail industry and have proven in-depth knowledge of and experience with the following Siemens products:
- 8DA10 Gas-insulated Switchgear (GIS)
- Sitras® REC diode rectifier
- Sitras® DSG DC switchgear
- Sitras® PRO / MDC DC micro-processor protection relay
- Sitras® SCD short-circuiting device
- Sitras® SCS-DC station controller
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1
- Each team member is accountable for making decisions, solving problems, and taking actions contributing to long-term impact and financial success.
- We do the right thing. We stand for green innovations and meaningful solutions with an impact on customers, ecosystem partners, society, and the environment.
- We are front-runners in digitalization and building platforms. Therefore, we are hiring ambitious forward-thinkers who want to have a real impact.
- Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning. We operate daily with a growth mindset - that's why Siemens consistently ranks on the Fortune World's Most Admired Companies list!
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without needing current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The base salary range for this position in Sacramento, CA, is $78,500 - $134,600. The actual salary/wage offered may be higher or lower depending on budget and candidate experience, knowledge, skills, and qualifications.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.