IT thinks digital, IT thinks business.
Empowering our customers on their digital transformation journey is a focus area for Siemens. IT aims to be an innovation driver for our businesses, acting as an enabler and a leader in digital transformation. Software is the core element of digital transformation, driving hardware towards high efficiency, analyzing data on scalable cloud platforms, and pushing back improvements to business processes faster than ever. Software is of highest importance to our success also internally.
What is your contribution?
Welcome to the Siemens world of software. It’s all about software licenses and software services that our businesses need for their internal value creation for a profitable and sustainable growth. You provide the resources and the infrastructure to effectively distribute licenses all over Siemens, you measure the usage within Siemens and gather information for the allocation and reimbursement of the costs. Moreover, you’re constantly developing new approaches and ways how software can further accelerate our business. You are working in an international team in a fast growing market. We offer the required resources and new opportunities for your career as part of the global Siemens IT network.
Ownership makes the difference.
You will have end to end responsibility for our strategic software portfolio for selected suppliers such as Microsoft. You are supporting the complete software lifecycle: demand analysis, negotiation, support in purchasing, rollout, charging and optimization. What does it mean in particular?
· Enable the efficient use of software on all computers within Siemens and ensure contractual and legal
compliance towards your suppliers
· Orchestrate all stakeholders who are contributing to various elements within the software lifecycle process
· Create transparency about software usage on-premise and in cloud environments.
· Balance the creation of business value with service cost efficiency
· Moderate the dialog with Siemens’ businesses to jointly discover new opportunities through software.
To make the difference, we’d expect from you:
· Passionate ownership for the global IT Service that provides software licenses and software services to Siemens and its affiliated companies
· A Master’s degree or comparable experience in business administration, business informatics, computer science or related subjects
· Minimum 5 years of experience of IT Service Management or similar IT function
· Proven knowledge about IT software, cloud computing, Software Asset Management, and adjacent topics
· Soft skills - but strong: service orientation, teamwork, quality aspiration, change management
· Curiosity to collaborate with large international companies and colleagues all over the world
· A growth mindset to permanently adjust to the ever-changing challenges of the Siemens businesses and how software accelerates everything
· Business fluency in English, German helpful but not mandatory
In short: We want contributors to the digital business of tomorrow.
We are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. Find out more about the Digital Minds of Siemens
We recognize that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. Therefore, Siemens provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss workplace adjustments with all our applicants to develop agile working and innovation.
Organization: Information Technology
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.