The engineer will be responsible for carrying out projects for a variety of clients across major industries. The engineer will be responsible for ensuring client’s success by carrying out computation fluid dynamic simulations, interpreting results, and presenting results to facilitate the customer’s engineering decisions. The engineer will also need to carry out simulations that may not be well established and will need to help develop new analysis methods. Strengths in engineering fundamentals are essential to this role and possess the ability to find information via research and discussions with other colleagues. Strong written and verbal communication, as well as presentation skills is required. The candidate will need to be able to present ideas and convey information to audiences with varying backgrounds. Work is typically carried out using Siemens DI SW general-purpose CFD software STAR-CCM+, however utilizing with other Siemens simulation products may be vital. The work can be fast paced, so if you are a creative, innovative, and possess excellent communication skills, we would like to hear from you. As you grow your skillset, opportunities to travel globally to train and mentor clients or colleagues will be possible. The candidate must be open to some travel for on-site execution projects or training.
- Effectively apply fundamental Fluid Mechanics and Heat Transfer knowledge to develop the required skills in building CFD models in STAR-CCM+.
- Prepare technical reports for variety of completed/in-progress projects.
- Work on multiple projects and support engagements simultaneously.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Engineering or Mathematics, a Ph.D. is preferred
- Familiarity with CFD methods/tools
- Java or C++ experience
- Ability to learn new skills and adapt to customer application needs.
- Excellent communication, organization, time management, and presentation skills.
- Preferred location is Detroit Metro Area, MI; other locations will be considered, including work-from-home.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Familiarity with meshing complex geometries and advanced simulation post-processing.
- Familiarity with CFD including one or more of the following: compressible flows, multi-phase simulations, reacting flows
- Experience with STAR-CCM+ or other commercial CFD tools.
- Working knowledge of common design processes, objectives, and constraints for industrial applications.
- AI/ML knowledge.
- Healthcare benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Life insurance covered by Siemens
- Long-term and short-term disability plans covered by Siemens
- 401K matching
- Flexible personal time off, including paid volunteer time off.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
The salary range for this position is $78,500 to $141,300. Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: www.benefitsquickstart.com. In addition, this position is eligible for time off in accordance with Company policies, including paid sick leave, paid parental leave, PTO (for non-exempt employees) or non-accrued flexible vacation (for exempt employees).
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.