Sales Associate, Inside Sales - German Speaking
The European Client Coverage team is responsible for sales/licensing of intellectual property of S&P Dow Jones Indices. Additional responsibilities include establishing and building strong relationships with clients, prospecting for new index customers and managing/expanding the commercial footprint of S&P Dow Jones Indices within their prescribed territory. S&P DJI maintains relationships with investment banks, asset managers, ETF issuers, market data consumers and redistributors, insurance companies, proprietary trading firms, exchanges and other key market participants who rely upon our world-renowned indices, research, and commentary.
The primary purpose of this role is to support the Regional Client Coverage team and Channel Management Team during all stages of the sales cycle. You will assist our clients by processing sales requests, cancellations, or amendments to existing agreements. You will have close collaboration with Legal, Commercial Data Services, Finance and Client Services teams. There will also be commercially focused projects/processes for you to deliver in addition to data analysis such as monthly price increases or unlicensed data access review.
What’s in it for you:
Our Sales Associates have the unique responsibility to spearhead and communicate any updates to sales policy/workflows and manage the Sales Pipelines for the entire European Client Coverage team and help in facilitating sales deals by working on sales leads, client enquiries, Salesforce processing and strategic projects. Work in full partnership with regional sales representatives, sales specialists, key account managers and channel managers to help shape our client experience.
The primary purpose of this role is to support the European Client Coverage team during all stages of the Sales cycle, discovering opportunities for new revenue sources via strategic projects and reporting, working through process improvement exercises and assisting the management of existing client relationships.
Required responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Partner with our sales team to respond to and process client inquiries
- Manage centralized Client Coverage mailboxes & Sales Phone lines
- Client Billing & Reporting enquiries
- Coordinate with Rep and Client regarding new licensing enquiries and entitlements
- Approve updates to client prospectus language
- Process Sales deals - Sales Orders, Opportunities and Entitlements (Data, IP and Custom), Agreement Drafting & Negotiation with internal and external legal teams
- Effectively collaborate with our local and global internal teams such as Finance, Product Management, Data Product management, Client Services, Legal
- Work on both sales and strategic based projects that assist with general workflow efficiencies
- Work on existing accounts and manage the day-to-day end user care and maintenance of the accounts
- Drive customer satisfaction and adoption within existing accounts
- Monitor usage and keep Sales Representatives up to date with relevant statistics, KPIs and key regional or global initiatives
- Contact existing users based on usage stats, renewals
- Ensure timely execution of all renewals on Sales Representatives’ account list
Skills and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Fluency in German
- First class communication skills – written, verbal and presenting
- Understanding of differing client types (i.e., Banks, Asset Managers, Insurance, etc.)
- 1+ Years in Industry: Financial Services preferred
- 1+ Years in a Specialty/Discipline: Client Services, Sales Support, or similar role
- Excellent level of proficiency in MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and Salesforce
- Ability to solve complex problems in a timely and accurate manner for internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to maintain a balanced focus between daily duties and larger scale projects
- Strong analytical abilities to discover discrepancies, potential improvements in workflows and systems, and new revenue-generating opportunities
- Self-starter who can deliver quality results without the need for constant supervision
- Impacts quality, timeliness of results, and client experience of own team and related teams
- Developed communication and diplomacy skills to exchange complex information
- Uses judgment based on practice and precedence and accurately defines problems by trying to understand underlying factors/causes
- Demonstrable analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to balance daily duties and larger scale projects
- Knowledge of Tableau, Salesforce, Microsoft PowerBI or other data visualization tools advantageous
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
Job ID: 285786
Posted On: 2023-11-06
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany