As a global leader in trade and transaction reporting, the Cappitech (Global Regulatory Reporting Solutions) team have been providing RegTech solutions for over two decades. Our cloud-based, cross regulation SaaS platform allows banks, brokers, hedge funds, asset managers, insurance companies and corporates to comply with global regulatory requirements.
Cappitech teams are expanding, and as a Techops Engineer, you will play an important role in continuing to make it all happen. You will be joining a team of problem solvers and solution finders with a passion for providing the very best customer experience in a fast-paced environment. We are a diverse team supporting our global customers. S&P Global values focus on inclusiveness, collaboration and integrity and our management strive to provide a work environment that encourages our colleagues to achieve their full potential.
Our Tech-Ops team is responsible for all Tech-Ops aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) for all our products. We're seeking a talented and highly motivated Software Engineer to provide 2nd line of Application Support in Production and UAT environments, solve interesting technical challenges for the products hosted on high-available cloud environment. Candidate should be willing to explore new tools & technologies to meet the product demands. A candidate should be able to provide exceptional customer experience to a broad range of clients and ensure the fast and effective management of client workflows to join the GRRS TechOps team. The ideal candidate will be Tech savvy resolving the technical issues in production, writing scripts, comfortable in communicating with clients, answering regulatory queries and resolving daily reporting issues. Ideally the candidate will have some experience in EMIR, MiFID, and\or SFTR. The role is client facing and requires a high degree of technical competence.
• Incident and Problem Management
• Change Management
• Support and issue resolution
• Building dashboard and setting up Monitoring on cloud
Duties and accountabilities
• Ensure technical issues are resolved withing defined SDLAs.
• Apply strong technical skills and good business knowledge together with investigative techniques to identify and resolve issues efficiently and in a timely manner.
• Work collaboratively with development team as required for third line escalation.
• Implement and monitor system checks for early detection of potential problems and raise the appropriate service outage ticket to initiate the incident management process when needed.
• Drive and engage in disaster recovery processes for all products.
• Coordinate with product and delivery teams to ensure the App Support team is ready for new releases and engaged in early design of new enhancements
• Dealing with customer enquiries and requests and managing them efficiently and in a timely manner until resolution
• Helping clients understand how the solution works and how to resolve reporting issues
• Assist in validation or UAT for issue resolution
• Minimum 6-10 years of work experience in an Application Support role
• Client facing experience desired
• JIRA and Service Now
• Monitoring tools such as Splunk, New Relic, Centreon and Monolith
• SQL / PL/SQL Psql
• Good Linux/Unix knowledge
• Shell scripting – Unix, Perl, Python
• Amazon Web Services - Amazon RDS, CloudWatch, CI-CD pipeline and some of its technologies such as Git, Elasticsearch, EC2, Redshift, cloudwatch.
• Must be knowledgeable in SDLC and experience in raising development bugs – including priority assessment, high quality analysis, and detailed investigation.
• Knowledge of Transaction Reporting business is major plus
• Knowledge of Financial services experience preferred particularly securities finance
• Significant customer service focus
• Willingness to learn new skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Be proactive and able to work independently
• Ability to listen, learn quickly and demonstrate initiative
• Good attention to detail
• Focused on delivery
• Must be an excellent written and verbal communicator
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Able to easily adapt communication style in different situations
• Committed to high quality output
• Highly motivated, disciplined, confident and a team player. The ability to adjust to shifting priorities is a must
• Ability to collaborate effectively with team
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
Job ID: 284834
Posted On: 2023-08-17
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia