Today, there's more data and users outside the enterprise than inside, causing the network perimeter as we know it to dissolve. We realized a new perimeter was needed, one that is built in the cloud and follows and protects data wherever it goes, so we started Netskope to redefine Cloud, Network and Data Security.
Since 2012, we have built the market-leading cloud security company and an award-winning culture powered by hundreds of employees spread across offices in Santa Clara, St. Louis, Bangalore, London, Melbourne, and Tokyo. Our core values are openness, honesty, and transparency, and we purposely developed our open desk layouts and large meeting spaces to support and promote partnerships, collaboration, and teamwork. From catered lunches and office celebrations to employee recognition events (pre and hopefully post-Covid) and social professional groups such as the Awesome Women of Netskope (AWON), we strive to keep work fun, supportive and interactive. Visit us at Netskope Careers. Please follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter@Netskope.
As a Sr. Software Engineer on the Client team, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and enhancing client software for Netskope Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) and Next Gen Secure Web Gateway solutions and solving some of the most challenging cloud access & data security problems for enterprise customers.
- Work with a group of brilliant engineers to build Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, Android, ChromOS client/agent technologies that enable a holistic data security solution.
- Write multi-threaded/multi-platform code in C++ using the latest software development techniques.
- Understand requirement specs, research/find appropriate solutions, design/implement the feature with high quality ensuring reliability, sustainability, scalability, observability.
- Write and execute dev test routines for your modules.
- Work with QA to help them better test our product.
- Partner with the engineering and product management team to architect and build a highly available, performant, desktop solution.
- Experience solving the scaling/performance issues.
- Perform root cause analysis of production errors and resolve technical issues.
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Function well in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or similar technical degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 8+ years of experience in Windows network programming domain managing highly scalable and performance solutions.
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Strong programming skills with C++ and/or Objective C.
- Experience in one or more of the programming languages is plus: Python, Go.
- 8+ years experience with troubleshooting networking software development.
- Windows kernel development Windows Filtering platform.
- Windows installation technology.
- Understanding of either Windows or macOS file system and operating system fundamentals.
- Experience with writing multi-platform code.
- Experience building and sustaining cloud, network or endpoint security software on Windows and macOS. Linux, iOS, Android, and ChromOS are plus.
- Understanding of Networking concepts - TCP/IP, SSL/TLS, IPSec, VPN.
- Experience with HTTP based APIs REST is plus.
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis, and software design will be a bonus.
- Proponent of TDD a big plus, knowledge of various unit testing frameworks.
- Strong knowledge of computer security principles, such as cryptography, authentication, access control, and secure coding practices.
- Experience with security technologies such as firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, antivirus/anti-malware software, and security information and event management (SIEM) systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate in an open, transparent and consistent manner with team and co-workers.
- Determined and ever ready to roll up sleeves to respond to the needs of customers proactively and promptly.
- Achievement oriented and willing to take responsibility for own actions.
- Innovative and out-of-the box thinking to foster original ideas.
Netskope is committed to implementing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Netskope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on religion, race, color, sex, marital or veteran statues, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), or any other characteristic protected by the laws or regulations of any jurisdiction in which we operate.