- Associate's degree, trade school certification, or other verifiable training in a relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in low or medium voltage maintenance and operations.
- Experience with electrical maintenance (e.g., power management systems, BMS, SCADA, field devices, substation, high voltage relays, etc.) and automation.
- Experience investigating failures and performing waveform analysis.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team while prioritizing work efficiently.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new process, procedures, and equipment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The Data Center team designs and operates some of the most sophisticated electrical engineering, mechanical engineering and HVAC systems in the world. Facilities Technicians at Google data centers operate, monitor and support physical facilities conditions. Some of these duties will include heating and cooling of air and water, power supply, generators, UPS systems, electrical distribution and control and monitoring systems. You regularly help inspect, maintain and repair various data center systems such as piping and non-critical electrical or mechanical system components). You provide daily assistance to senior technicians as you read blueprints/schematics, conduct tours of systems and assess their working order.
As an advocate for best practices, you develop creative approaches to reducing operational costs while improving overall data center efficiency. You ensure that environmental and safety standards are consistently met, identifying problems and making repairs quickly. In emergency situations or abnormal conditions, you manage data center performance issues and outages to minimize the recovery time from failures.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Be responsible for the uptime, maintenance, and troubleshooting of low voltage electrical system distribution. Monitor multiple information streams in the control room and make accurate mission-critical decisions.
- Develop approaches to reduce operational costs while improving efficiencies.
- Operate, monitor, and maintain data center facilities systems and equipment, and respond to abnormal conditions. Support startup, commissioning, and integration of new equipment and systems into facilities infrastructure.
- Provide tracking and trending of operational characteristics, while also providing operational and maintenance insights into the design review process.