Pioneering in America, from the first mile to the last. This is what drives us.
For more than 160 years, Siemens has been an integral provider of infrastructure, electrification, and transportation solutions in the United States. Open new lines and increase capacity, cut costs, and link networks: high performance, state-of-the-art Rail Electrification meets all the expectations of Rail Infrastructure operators today. It’s a central component of the end-to-end networked, digital infrastructure of tomorrow. We offer products and services which extend along the entire Rail Electrification value chain to improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people worldwide.
The Team Leader will be responsible to support production orders and production projects. These responsibilities include the understanding and execution of production processes utilizing engineering drawings, relevant industry standards, quality common practice, and lean principles all while driving actively for superior safety performance. Initiate and lead process improvement projects and provide guidance in resolution of factory issues. The utilization of SAP ERP system, network files, and company applications is essential to this position.
What your day-to-day will look like:
· Coordinate work and/or questions regarding discrepancies with the appropriate department.
· Certification in external standards (i.e. IPC standards, etc.), as required.
· Participate in internal process review and audits.
· Complete records of all results. Enter data into logbooks or computer databases.
· Analyze and trend monthly data from assigned team and develop internal action items.
· Engage with quality, purchasing, and material control, and other team leaders to resolve.
· Monitor and process SAP production orders in the assigned area.
· Utilize all measurement tools as required.
· Participate actively in planning and lean activities including 5S, Gemba, PDCA, and production meetings.
· Effectively manage and resolve issues with production orders, inventory, and tools in assigned area of responsibility.
· With minimal oversight from Supervisor, organize and set priority of work including scheduling tasks for others.
· Ability to perform duties of corresponding team lead focus area (Assembly, Test, Material, Quality, etc.).
· Certify to train on relevant internal or external process/standards and act as a mentor to fellow associates.
· Collaborate with various internal departments in resolution of production issues and material shortages.
· Strong technical understanding of product and processes
· Own and lead specific production processes and responsibility for data analysis and reporting.
· Housekeeping and 5S activities which include organizing work area for orderliness at all times and ensuring work area is accessible and safe for internal employees and customer traffic.
· Serve as the voice of supervision for the assigned team.
· May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
· Lead the assigned team driving for continuous improvement and teamwork.
To thrive in this role, you have:
· High school diploma or equivalent required
· Strong leadership skills
· Intermediate computer skills required
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Basic math and problem-solving skills
Why you'll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1!
- We believe that each member of our team is accountable for making decisions, solving problems, and taking actions that contribute to long-term impact and financial success.
- We do the right thing. We stand for green innovations and meaningful solutions with impact on customers, ecosystem partners, society, and environment.
- We are frontrunners in digitalization and building platforms. Therefore, we are hiring ambitious forward-thinkers who want to have a real impact.
- Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning. We operate daily with a growth mindset - that's why Siemens consistently ranks on the Fortune World's Most Admired Companies list!
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without needing current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The base rate range for this position in Pennsylvania is $20.66/hr - $28.31/hr.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.