Are you looking for a company that empowers talent?
Here at Siemens, we take pride in enabling sustainable progress through technology. We do this through empowering customers by combining the real and digital worlds. Improving how we live, work, and move today and for the next generation!
From Day 1, you are empowered to create an impact with your full potential and creativity to make a difference for tomorrow.
We truly have an inclusive and diverse team culture where you can be yourself.
Our extensive global presence offers a diverse range of career opportunities across various industries, nations, and job domains, empowering our workforce to continuously enhance their skills and stay competitive.
Create a better tomorrow with us!
The Siemens Project Management Office (PMO) is looking for a Customer Services (CS) Project Manager to join our team in Electrification and Automation (EA). The Electrification & Automation business unit covers the entire spectrum for power distribution systems and service solutions. As a CS Project Manager, you will be responsible for the successful execution of projects, from project initiation through final closeout. You will work in a matrix style organization requiring excellent coordination skills and the ability to manage competing priorities. Headquartered in Wendell, NC, the EA PMO executes a diverse portfolio of projects, and this position will be focused on service solutions within our Customer Services business. This role comes with ample opportunities for growth, reflective of Siemens mission to empower people with a growth mindset. As a customer facing team, we keep customer satisfaction at the forefront as we manage large projects in a fast-paced environment.
As the Project Manager, you will:
- Direct all phases of projects from inception through completion.
- Ensure that we pre-identify and mitigate safety risks across on our service projects to guarantee safe completion of our service activities.
- Responsible for the budget, schedule, quality, and performance of the assigned project(s).
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Provide regular updates to team, management, and PMO on work performed, plans, budget, and overall status.
- Identify project problems and obtain solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
- Manage customer expectations across the project cycle by regularly communicating our project milestone statuses, resource activities, and other service project related actions.
- Prepare and/or work with application engineering team to develop change order quotations for additional service requests during the project.
- Proactive and frequent communications with our Lead Field Service Representative working at the customer site.
- Communicate to finance partners, scheduled completion, and revenue forecasting monthly for all assigned projects
- Provide Lessons Learned feedback to our front end offers team to ensure we constantly are improving our offers and helping mitigate any unclear items for our customers.
- Ensure all project and service requirements are identified, understood, and satisfied throughout the order life cycle.
- Identify and assign project resources ranging from engineering to field personnel.
- Define and develop requests for quote for 3rd party services as well as materials. Participate in vendor pricing and contract negotiations.
- Identify areas of risk within assigned projects and develop mitigation strategies.
- Manage 3rd party vendors/suppliers monitoring and controlling agreed upon scope, schedule, budget.
- Work with internal commercial team to maintain client relationships.
- Collaboration with internal/external team members, vendors and/or project managers to develop site schedules.
- Review and understand project contractual obligations such as change order process, liquidated damages, claims processes, specification requirements, etc.
- Develop project execution plans such as quality & testing plans, project schedule, risk registers,
- Monitor and controlling functions as it relates to continuously evaluating project performance vs budget/schedule.
- Developing and implementing recovery plans to correct project performance issues.
You will make impact if you have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of direct service project management experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, to present complex issues to multi-level audiences and effectively communicate progress, status and issues to internal and external Customers.
- PMP certification as a plus
- PMP certification is required within 1 year of employment
- A degree in engineering or construction management is a plus.
- Familiarity with low, medium, and high voltage electrical equipment is a plus.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Wellness Program
- Flexible Time off or Generous paid – time off depending on position level
Click here to learn more about our extensive benefits offerings.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.