Job Title / Description: Business Development Manager, HMI Software (Location: Remote, USA)
The Factory Automation Business Unit has an exciting new opportunity for a product focused Business Development Manager for the HMI Software portfolio, responsible for the US market.
The HMI Software Business Development Manager is a lead member of the U.S Factory Automation Business Development team and responsible for implementation of the Go-to-Market strategy, demand generation and execution of account conversions for the HMI Software product portfolio (SIMATIC WinCC Unified PC Software)
The successful candidate will be a results-oriented leader who will coordinate closely with the Siemens TIA-Sales Team (End-User / Partner / OEM), other Digital Industries Business Units, as well as with our network of channel, solution, and 3rd party partners located throughout the U.S.
If you have a successful track record of managing highly effective teams, tasked with selling complex factory automation products and software solutions into strategic accounts, developing and executing detailed business development plans, have excellent communication and presentation skills, have a passion for driving the best end-to-end automation solutions in the market, and being part of a highly dynamic team, we want to talk to you!
Key responsibilities of this position are:
- Establishing and leading a team of Business Development Professionals with detailed knowledge of the Factory Automation portfolio (PLC, HMI, SCADA, IIOT and IPC) focused on regional key target growth accounts (opportunistic or existing) where everyone will be responsible for developing and executing sales strategies and plans to convert HMI Software business to Siemens.
- This position is an integral part of the Siemens Digital Industries team for the Factory Automation Business Unit. As a product focused Business Development Manager your ultimate responsibility is to grow Siemens Factory Automation Business for the HMI Software Portfolio (SIMATIC WinCC Unified PC Software)
- This is a working manager position that manages up to 5 Business Development Professionals, while also providing Business Developments functions and support for areas and regions as required by team structure and size.
- You will also be tasked with finding and developing new opportunities/leads for the HMI Software portfolio and maintain account responsibility through the conversion process.
- This position will coordinate very closely with the HMI Software Product Marketing Manager on market requirements and industry trends, customer feedback and necessary marketing campaigns or events to increase and drive market awareness.
- Provides technical product presentations and consultation for the development and implementation of customer solutions or standards.
- Manages and increases opportunity pipeline transparency in Siemens CRM system and provides monthly operating report.
- Applies excellent speaking and presentation skills to promote Factory Automation products and solutions.
- Managing internal and employee processes including goal setting, monitoring, and reviews
- This position will report to the Factory Automation Business Unit and will report directly to the Head of HMI Software.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Education: BS/BA Electrical Engineering or Computer Science preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years of consultative sales experience with measurable track record of success in external sales / business development.
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills, combined with outstanding experience and know-how around factory automation systems (PLCs, HMIs, SCADA, IIOT, Industrial Computers, Fieldbus Networks, and Industrial Software)
- Strong technical understanding of leading HMI Software technologies, SCADA architectures and requirements as well as an exceptional knowledge of markets, trends, application / product requirements, competitive landscapes, and customer decision processes for HMI Software.
- Highly technology driven, knowledgeable and familiar with emerging market trends (IT/OT convergence, Virtualization, IIOT, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Big-Data, Cloud Computing and Data Analytics).
- Team player and can work in a highly matrixed organization. This person must be self-motivated and proactive in order to keep a focus on driving account plans to ultimately close orders and grow business.
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills.
- Organization skills to manage schedule and travel.
- Computer proficiency - knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Apply knowledge of major markets in the region and its customers to develop target account list.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
The key attributes we are looking for in this position, but not required to be considered for this position are:
- Worked 7+ years in HMI Software and/or SCADA business development.
- Prior management experience, including target setting, monitoring, reviewing, and coaching.
- Have excellent knowledge of the Siemens Automation products.
- Has strong knowledge of competitive products.
- Excellent understanding of “Smart Manufacturing” and how innovative technologies are applied.
- Familiarity with regional markets and customers.
- Willing to travel 50% domestically with international travel on occasion.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.