Are you looking for a company that empowers talent?
Here at Siemens, we take pride in enabling sustainable progress through technology. We do this through empowering customers by combining the real and digital worlds. Improving how we live, work, and move today and for the next generation!
From Day 1, you are empowered to create an impact with your full potential and creativity to make a difference for tomorrow.
We truly have an inclusive and diverse team culture where you can be yourself.
Our extensive global presence offers a diverse range of career opportunities across various industries, nations, and job domains, empowering our workforce to continuously enhance their skills and stay competitive.
Create a better tomorrow with us!
The Electrification & Automation (EA) Business Unit located near Raleigh, NC is growing steadily. It is seeking highly qualified and energetic Engineers for the GIS/AIS Proposals team.
The Engineer will play a significant role in business generation of EA Business Unit by preparing comprehensive technical and commercial proposals and solutions that best fits our customer needs, while ensuring competitive pricing. The Engineer will work closely with Siemens Sales to prepare offers supporting customers in the industrial, construction and utility markets on technical, contractual, and commercial issues.
This can be converted to a remote work position where the Engineer might be required to travel to the office location on an as-needed basis to attend trainings, workshops, events and special meetings, based on the experience and qualifications of the Engineer.
As the Sr Applications Engineer, you will:
- Review of Customer specifications, commercial/technical documents, product requirements.
- Identify and define preliminary scope of work for a complete solution that fits the Customer specifications.
- Prepare layout and single line drawings at a minimum, to demonstrate the idea of the intended scope of work.
- Collaborate with Engineers within the Business Unit to generate technical solutions for the Siemens suite of products.
- Prepare RFQ packages for third party products and work closely with Procurement team to secure the quotations (Battery Systems, MV/LV Transformers, metering cabinets, Control Panels, among others)
- Perform quote evaluations of all the quotations received and make technical recommendations to the design and the vendor choices.
- Develop the cost model for the quotation using product configurator tools and secure approvals from the senior management.
- Prepare Customer-facing proposal for Medium Voltage Switchgear and bundle proposals with Medium Voltage Switchgear (primarily focused on GIS technology) + third party products when applicable.
- Engage in Customer discussions by supporting the Business Development and Sales teams.
- Collaborate with internal departments and Sales teams to negotiate and secure contracts.
- Work closely with the PMO team for an efficient and effective handover of the project from the Bid Phase to the Project execution phase, upon winning the project.
You will make impact if you have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical or mechanical engineering.
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Ability to analyze customer’s technical specifications & single line diagrams, apply appropriate product offerings to meet the customers’ expectations in cost-effective and timely manner, offer alternative solutions to optimize profitability while meeting customer needs.
- Basic financial knowledge to understand and participate in ongoing business planning and support the product as well as project lifecycle management processes.
- Excellent collaboration, leadership, and decision-making skills in a team environment, and demonstrated ability to perform and prioritize multiple, simultaneous tasks while maintaining excellent customer service.
- Excellent communications skills to effectively and accurately communicate with internal and external customers.
- Ability to identify market trends and using this information, work closely with Marketing and Technology to create and justify projects to close the identified gaps.
- Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Office tools and willingness to learn product configuration/pricing applications.
- Travel Required – Less than 10%.
- Familiarity with ANSI, IEEE, UL and NEMA standards for power distribution applications and the best practices. In specific for Medium Voltage switchgear and Transformers applications.
- Experience in the design and application of electrical distribution products with a focus on medium voltage metal clad, metal enclosed switchgear products and/or Transformers.
- Knowledge and experience evaluating Single line drawings, schematics, relay protection & control schemes, communication network diagrams and related engineering documents.
- Experience with Electrical and 2D Layout drawing tools such as AutoCad, Visio, etc.
- 1-2 years engineering experience in an EPC, engineering, manufacturing, utility, industrial corporate environment or similar. Advanced degree may be substituted for 2 years of experience.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Wellness Program
- Flexible Time off or Generous paid – time off depending on position level
Click here to learn more about our extensive benefits offerings.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.