What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Our Energy Engineers conduct facility site visits, analyze the customer’s current situation, and produce plans for Facility Improvement Measures (FIMs). In this role, you will assist sales and operations in the development, procurement, and execution of energy service projects.
This position is a Hybrid work environment, in which there is office/remote flexibility.
- Perform detailed preliminary facility audits to identify Facility Improvement Measures (FIMs) and opportunities; assist sales in the identification and qualification of potential energy service projects
- Develop preliminary and final energy service proposals
- Analyze blueprints and perform site surveys to identify mechanical, electrical, and controls systems to determine facility operational characteristics
- Apply building energy simulation programs to develop energy, cooling, and heating load-building models using modeling software
- Develop design concepts concerning recommended FIMs, including descriptions, savings potential, cost estimates and data to verify FIMs
- Prepare financial models related to repayment, including Return on Investment (ROI), life cycle costs, and internal rate of return
- Monitor project performance
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Engineering or related technical field, however, candidates with an Associate’s Degree (along with directly-related industry experience) or a High School Diploma/state-recognized GED (along with directly related Siemens experience) will also be considered
- 2+ years experience within the energy industry preferred, supporting performance-based projects or energy services; candidates with a Bachelor’s in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, Chemical, or Energy) along with 1+ years experience, will also be considered
- Experience with commercial HVAC systems and building management systems; experience with Siemens building management systems is a plus.
- Knowledge of energy supply-side savings, and ability to evaluate savings potential
- Experience with standard ASHRAE energy calculations and IMVP performance assurance methodologies preferred
- Energy Manager or Professional Engineer certification preferred
- Travel will be required (10-20%)
- Excellent presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States and must not require employer-based support or sponsorship now or in the future
- Must possess a valid driver's license with no (or very limited) violations
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k) up to 6%
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.