Established in 2020, the Singapore Studio is Riot’s second international game development studio. Our mission is to “scale Riot’s games to hyper-serve players.” Riot has been expanding our footprint in Asia and accelerating our talent growth to develop games that deliver great experiences to our players.
We partner with our LA headquarters on game development for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, Legends of Runeterra, VALORANT, and Project L. The Singapore Studio is seeking talented, passionate Rioters with backgrounds in all areas of game development to build games that make it better to be a player.
We’re focused on working together to promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity, so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games.
That’s where you come in -
As a 3D Art Lead in the Singapore Studio, you will channel your knowledge of concepting, modeling, and texturing to help tell stories through visually compelling characters, creatures, props, and environments.
You’ll expand and support a high-performing external team and give them the guidance and context they need to deliver amazing models that set industry standards on craft, meet all technical requirements, and match the League of Legends art style.
Through a mix of craft training and hands-on leadership, you will level up the team’s craft, mediate and resolve craft disagreements and misalignment, and keep the team motivated towards creating excellent experiences for our players. Using your broad knowledge of art, craft, and technique, you’ll set clear goals for your team and make sure the process of delivering those goals is as smooth as possible for your team and their stakeholders.
You will partner closely with the product teams and other artists, ensuring that models are excellent in a vacuum and effectively promote and align with larger products. You will maintain your craft skills, inspire creativity and keep a high-quality bar with hands-on 3D work as you deem necessary.
- As a 3D craft lead on the team, you will oversee and be accountable for the quality of the work the team delivers and set the bar for excellence
- You will build a world-class team by sourcing AAA 3D talent in China and developing and growing their 3D skills through training and feedback
- You will establish and maintain a highly engaged, creative, and motivated workspace for your team to unleash people’s potential.
- You will collaborate with Rioters in Singapore and worldwide to make sure product goals are fulfilled, and working practices are appropriate
- You will set a clear vision and strategy to grow your team, provide consistent feedback, and build trust with your team
- You will drive the development of Style Guides and Process Guides
- You will lead and improve team rituals to support high-quality craft and individual growth
- You will accomplish your mission with complete autonomy if needed; you're dedicated to vigilantly finding creative and effective solutions to eliminate complex problems.
- Demonstrated ability to create high-quality, hand-painted 3D models, including an understanding of how to produce assets which are optimized, performant and bug-free
- Extreme proficiency in art fundamentals such as anatomy, composition, design, and color theory
- A clear understanding of the League of Legends art style
- Proven experience leading/mentoring teams and individuals. Growth minded and motivated toward teaching, enabling, and coaching other 3D artists
- Experience giving thorough direction and delivering timely, clear, actionable feedback
- A strong communicator and able to convey abstract/sophisticated ideas concisely in English or Chinese
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse, and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits