The Team: The Data & Content Management Team (DCM) delivers and maintains accurate, complete and timely data sets while taking into account our global interests and needs internally and externally. Members of the DCM team develop very close relationships with their stakeholders in order to execute on their data requirements. DCM professionals leverage solid processes and technologies to perform data management tasks as accurately and efficiently by using quantitative and qualitative metrics to measure process quality and efficiency. Insurance DCM team members also implement processes and operational changes by writing procedures, training materials, and leading implementation plans. DCM professionals are responsible for stakeholder communications at various stages of the change process.
The Impact: The DCM team integrates news, market-and sector-specific data, and analytics into intelligent tools that allow business partners to track performance, identify investment ideas, understand market dynamics, perform valuations, and assess credit risk. Our delivery offers customers access to our data and analytics from desktop platforms to mobile apps to on-demand data feeds. We ensure data is relevant to the specific sector or situations, with analysis that covers changing market conditions
The Data & Content Management Team at S&P Global Ratings is looking for a Data Specialist with a strong background in data, accounting/finance, and insurance to support the global research team. Knowledge of the Insurance industry is mandatory including but not limited to insurance Line of Business, standard accounting practices and exposure to NAIC rules and regulations.
In this position, you will play a key role within the Data and Analytical leadership teams, and serve as the primary point of contact for “all things content” related to your team across a broad spectrum of stakeholders. You have the opportunity to grow & develop the team responsible for advancing, increasing, and delivering the end-to-end content flow within the insurance/corporates team to help drive our analytic capabilities, customer satisfaction, business results and growth.
You will also be responsible to test new data strategies therefore a solid background in Data Analytics, querying data and basic scripting is required to access back-end data. You will also be involved in gathering and cleansing data, back-testing strategies, preparing presentations, and working on Insurance Criteria. Additional responsibilities include improving current workflow and utilizing a wide range of toolsets to deliver data to the organization.
The position offers significant independence and flexibility in projects, with direct exposure to other specialists within the Data team. The immediate team also handles Corporate and Banking sectors so collaboration within these other sectors will be required once insurance responsibilities are mastered. This opportunity is located in New York and reports to management in New York where additional opportunities and projects will originate.
• Act as the primary contact for all Insurance related matters between the Data team and Analytical team including overseeing annual survey process, problem resolution, process improvements and criteria implementation.
• Pursues professional growth and provides developmental opportunities for others by soliciting and acting on performance feedback; building collaborative, cross-functional relationships; delegating tasks and decisions; fostering open dialogue amongst departments.
• Communicates with vendors and Data Operations by translating business plans into tactical action items.
• Creating and maintaining data reference materials; and ensuring data security protocols and standards are followed.
• Perform user acceptance testing on data systems; partnering to identify database maintenance enhancements.
• Ensure your team works in tight coordination with the Ratings Technology, Data Services, Analytical and Commercial teams including scrum teams as necessary, to ensure project deliverables are on-time and commensurate with requirements
• Manages the data sourcing strategy by establishing a means to identify and represent content.
• Working with business stakeholders, data visualization and reporting specialists and/or data scientists to determine analytics data consumption mechanisms.
• Ensuring adherence to data rules and access guidelines.
• Recommending optimal approaches based on analytical and commercial requirements.
• Establishing, managing, and communicating information policies and mechanisms for effective data usage and ensuring the data strategy is aligned with and informed by the analytic strategy.
• Reviewing the translation of business requirements; determining data and information needs; reviewing data collection methods.
• Advising on the development of new criteria and adjustments; consulting on analytic tool engagement.
• Manages interpretation of data analyses by reviewing the application of findings to contextual settings; and providing guidance on the development of insights, reports, and presentations telling a compelling story to stakeholders to enable and influence decision making.
Skills and Experience We Are Looking For:
• 7+ years of professional experience in an insurance organization and/or financial services firm with insurance sector exposure.
• Solid analytics, and/or quantitative/technical experience with exposure to the Insurance sectors and technology would be highly preferred.
• Exposure to global financial markets in publicly traded assets (equities, fixed income, commodities, currencies) is a plus
• Undergraduate or graduate degree or equivalent in a quantitative field such as Finance, Computational Finance, Mathematics, Data Science, Computer Science, Economics, or Engineering.
• Experience using financial data applications (FactSet, Morningstar, Bloomberg, Reuters, Microstrategy)
• Strong technical skills and familiarity with data querying, dashboards and data analytics
• SQL, R, Python, VBA (Visual Basic), Advance Excel Skills (Pivot Tables, Vlookup, etc).
• Hands-on experience with portfolio back-testing and simulation
• Comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Strong communication & partnering skills
• Agile (scrum) experience a plus
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $79,600USD to $165,200USD. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location and experience. In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
Job ID: 285500
Posted On: 2023-06-21
Location: New York, New York, United States