Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestlé is the place for you. Nestlé USA is one of seven operating companies that make up Nestlé’s presence in the United States. We're in 97% of American homes, and as the leading food and beverage company, our goals are to continue to deliver quality food and beverage products, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact.
We’re determined to challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. As individuals and teams, we embrace our entrepreneurial culture and have created a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Here, you will find limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career and feel empowered to succeed in the workplace and beyond. Because our focus is not only on nourishing our customers, but also about enriching you.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for all aspects related to Electricity, Automation, Process Control, Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) and the Factory Automation System (FAS) infrastructure, applications, and resources according to Nestle corporate strategies, standards, specifications and local codes and regulations.
- Provide optimum electrical and process control equipment facilities to meet the established objectives of the business
- Ensure reliability of electrical amd process control hardware and software operation
- Optimize electrical/process control maintenance and operation costs
- Optimize electrical/process control hardware and software to maintain plant at high level of efficiency, safety, quality, etc.
- Maintain liaisons with other departments, disciplines and facilities to provide necessary support and expertise for the execution of capital investment projects and market and global initiatives.
- Work closely with Group Engineering E&A team during the planning and execution of projects, initiatives, and compliance requirements.
- Comply with all safety and environmental regulations (Internal & External) and applicable Nestle standards.
- Manage all technical aspects of the plant’s electrical power distribution from the utility company service entrance down through switchboards, transformers, distribution panels, etc. to all individual loads.
- Participate in the electricity and automation engineering efforts to ensure that the design, drawings and specifications meet process requirements, are cost effective, and are in accordance with good engineering practices and Nestle guidelines for all capital projects in the factory.
- Participate and validate design of the power distribution system, motor control centers, control panels, human machine interface (HMI), instrumentation, system integration, FAS architecture and commissioning and start up.
- Contribute to establish/ write the URS (user requirement specifications) and FDS (functional design specifications) for all projects.
- Participate in the Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) and validate electricity and automation requirements.
- Participate in Commissioning, Qualification, Validation (CQV)
- Contribute to the project close out, including Project Defect Analysis (PDA)
- Supervise the Project Electrical Construction and provide revised and additional drawings as requested by the Construction Superintendent and the Project Engineer.
- (BA/BS), preferably in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience and minimum 3 years of related work experience.
- In-depth knowledge of electricity, in low voltage, medium voltage and high voltage installations.
- Good knowledge of local electrical code and standards
- Good knowledge of Instrumentation and Process Control Systems.
- In-depth knowledge of HMIs, PLCs,
- Knowledge of food processing operations and technology.
- Knowledge on MES (Manufacturing Execution System).
- Knowledge on manufacturing IT, industrial networks and applications
- Good knowledge of electrical safety
- Knowledge of food safety, regulatory requirements for food safety, hygienic engineering and Nestlé Quality System.
- Analytical skills in Problem Solving, specifically, understanding of financial analysis and relevant business drivers:
- Internal Rate of return
- Net Present Value
- Nestlé Standard Costing.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Strong managerial, leadership and technical skills
- Ability to think conceptually and deal with ambiguity with a strong innovation mindset
- Proactive problem-solving ability, including the ability to think objectively through various options and scenarios
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes
- Project Engineering/Management skills
- Knowledge of Hygienic engineering
- Knowledge of food safety, regulatory requirements for food safety, and equipment
- Proficient in MS Office/MS Project
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestlé seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé home.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-800-321-6467.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.