Follow Raytheon Technologies To Get Updated When They Post New Roles On PowerToFly!
Country:United States of America
Location:FL711: Raytheon SI Gov Dixie Hwy 3520 Dixie Highway NE , Palm Bay, FL, 32905 USA
Position Role Type:Onsite
Codex Vulnerability Research Engineer
Raytheon Technologies’ CODEX (Cyber Offense and Defense Experts) division brings together an elite team of mission-focused industry experts who are well known for their ability to overcome the most advanced technical challenges. The team comprises engineers of multiple disciplines including vulnerability research, reverse engineering, CNO/CNE development, hardware emulation, system engineering, and data analytics. Our engineers do more than just work with cutting-edge technology—they ensure the missions succeed for the customers! CODEX offices span the nation and offer its engineers the ability to advance their careers through mentorship, training, and an expansive technical portfolio that covers every side of cyber.
Our team covers the full life cycle from emulation, reverse engineering, vulnerability research, and CNO/CNE tool development. Our mission covers a wide range of targets, anything from major consumer electronics to proprietary one-off systems. In addition, the position will provide deliverables for real-world use in relatively short turn-around times.
We seek a qualified engineer that can perform as a team member on activities involved with research, reverse engineering, emulation and tool development of complex classified and unclassified software applications. Projects will be undertaken in small teams with close coordination with customers to quickly enhance capabilities or resolve issues in existing tools for real-world applications.
- 8+ years of experience in vulnerability research
- OS/Embedded/RTOS research and reverse engineering
- Firmware and communication systems reverse engineering
- Weaponize exploits against identified 0-day vulnerabilities
- Design/develop/test cyber capabilities that pass US government standards
- Perform analysis against IP network protocols to identify, decode, decrypt and extract relevant data from network traffic
- Perform hardware analysis to identify UART or JTAG interfaces and dump firmware
- Perform file format and network protocol fuzzing and triage and reverse engineer crashes
- Languages: Kernel level C/C++/Python, Assembly (x86/64, ARM, PPC, Mips, etc.)
- Network programming
- Windows/Linux Kernel development
- Hardware emulation
- Debugging tools (WinDbg, gdb, lldb, OllyDbg)
- Typical embedded systems knowledge, including UART, boot-up sequences and updating devices
- Embedded system development and/or hardware debugging using JTAG/gdb
- Author white papers and proposals
Qualified applicants must have and maintain a clearance to the TS/SCI level.
Bachelor's degree in engineering, mathematics or computer science; preferred. Experience in lieu of degree will be considered
Relocation Eligible -Relocation assistance available provided final candidate meets eligibility requirements
Employee Referral Award Eligibility: This requisition is eligible for an employee referral award. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the referral award.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms