The Business Development Manager (BDM) Utility Scale is responsible for managing pipeline of sales and customer facing activities in the Western USA for Utility Scale Solar and Community Solar projects. Working directly with Utilities, Independent Power Producers, Solar Developers, EPC Firms and supporting Siemens Account Management resources the BDM will help create demand for Siemens’ solar equipment solutions and act as a consultant to customers during the early stages of project design.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for customer education and demand generation for Siemens’ hardware and service solutions for Utility Scale Solar and Community Solar (ground mounted) projects. Customer-facing activities include.
• Conducting educational webinars on Siemens offering
• Leading Customer Kick-Off Meetings via telephone or at the customer site
• Attending trade shows and setting meeting schedules
• Negotiation of Terms and Conditions of sale
• Attending periodic project execution review meetings at customer sites or via telephone
• Change order negotiations.
• Outreach to new potential customers
The Business Development Manager (BDM) performs all back-office sales and business development activities for a defined customer list and/or geographical territory, including but not limited to:
• CRM opportunity data entry and updates (Salesforce)
• Product and Market training of Account Managers and Agents
• Customer mapping and Strategic Account Planning exercises
• Interface with Offers Management team in generation of quotations and responses to technical specifications.
• Hand off Meetings to Project Management teams upon receipt of orders
• Interface with equipment factories on technical and commercial matters
• Order Forecasting with Management
• Market research and competitor benchmarking as needed.
• Opportunity handoffs to other Siemens groups when applicable
This is a fast paced, dynamic role which requires strong communication skills, organizational skills and the ability to lead and collaborate with others to ensure reliable delivery of services to Siemens diverse customer base. The Business Development Manager (BDM) manages multiple active proposals and therefore must be self-driven with the ability to monitor and control multiple activities in any given day.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience:
• More than 5 years Account Management/Senior Sales and related management experience with a track record of successful performance (new orders), preferably in the relevant industry / market.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in managing complex projects/customers successfully.
• Team Leader: Able to manage and motivate people successfully, preferably with experience as a manager of a team in an international environment.
• Able to motivate individuals from multiple cultures and backgrounds.
• University degree in engineering or business administration or other relevant discipline or other suitable education.
• Executive Level Presence / Communication & Strong Presentation Skills
• Local and potential limited International Travel: 30-50%
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
• Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and flextime off.
• Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
• Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.