Are you ready to join a team that is the leader in analytical process gas chromatography / analytical solutions? In this role the Fastlane Project Engineer will design instrumentation and analytical equipment systems for a variety of dynamic process industry applications with a focus on standardization of software, hardware, and processes.
This position supports the business by providing technical support to Sales, reviewing customer requirements, specifications, and providing sound process analytical solution that meets customer requirements. The primary focus for this position is the Siemens Gas Chromatograph but may extend into other related area such as sample system design or related small scale system integration. This position will report to the Global Head of Standards within the Siemens GCI Business Segment.
The Analytical Project Engineer is responsible for the planned financial performance, delivery reliability, and customer satisfaction for all projects assigned. Other responsibilities include:
- Work directly with the Standards Team to develop the standardized/partially standardized analytical solution – to fit a broad scope (defined by customer specifications, customer analyzer data sheets, drawing and/or other data provided).
- Evaluation / selection of equipment to ensure the solution meet / exceed the customer requirements.
- Develop the project Bill of Material.
- Develop the standard sub-assemblies Bill of Material
- Create material requisitions for purchase of buyout equipment.
- Create/develop standardized text files, Modbus maps, and Maxbasic software to ensure the instrument configuration meets multiple customer requirements.
- Support crafts people and final test personnel during the production phase of the project.
- Responsible for direct customer interface; internal & external. Acts as the primary customer interface throughout the project life cycle.
- Creation and implementation of automated software for configuration and testing.
- Creation and implementation of automated test fixtures.
- Create and implement standardized drawing packages and templates.
- Create and implement smart analyzer techniques focused on improving digitalization within gas chromatograph product.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Education: (a or b)
- Candidate must have a BS Degree (ME, EE, ChE, Chemistry, Physics) and 3 years related analytical industry experience.
- AS Technology Degree and 5+ years’ on-line process chromatography experience with at least 2 of those acting as Project Engineer or Project Lead.
- Candidate must be able to work independently or in a team environment.
- Candidate must have a strong working knowledge of MS Office 365 (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams)
- Candidate must have a firm understanding of modular equipment concepts.
- Candidate must be organized and able manage / prioritize multiple tasks.
- <10% Travel required.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Gas Chromatography principles, design (mechanical, electrical, chemical), and software.
- Understanding of hazardous area classifications: Class I Division 1, Class I Division 2, ATEX Zone 1, and ATEX Zone 2 electrical areas.
- Understanding of applicable industry codes & standards: NEC, IEC, API, NFPA, ISA
- Understanding of Lean manufacturing concepts and practical application for process improvement.
- Strong background in Visual Basic and AutoCAD
- Working knowledge of the following software: SAP, ChemCAD.
- Working knowledge of signal communications protocol: Modbus, OPC, TCP/IP Ethernet.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.