Title: Sr. Java Engineer
Grade - 10, for internal purposes only
S&P Global Ratings is looking for a Lead Engineer to join Structured Finance Value Stream. This team, who has a broad and expert knowledge on Ratings organization’s data domains, technology stacks and architectural patterns, fosters knowledge sharing and collaboration that results in a unified strategy. Be a part of a unique opportunity to build and evolve S&P Ratings next gen analytics platform.
If you are an individual that brings demonstrated experience of delivering big data projects, this is an excellent opportunity. We are looking for someone with strong technical knowledge, who has worked on transformational initiatives, and can drive results.
What you can expect
An unmatched experience in handling huge volumes of data, analytics, visualization, and services over cloud technologies along with appreciation in product development life cycle to convert an idea into revenue generating stream.
We are looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic, and passionate software engineer to develop technology solutions for S&P global Ratings product. The ideal candidate thrives in a highly technical role and will design and develop software using cutting edge technologies consisting of web applications, data pipelines, big data, machine learning and multi-cloud.
- Complete SDLC: architecture, design, development and support of tech solutions
- Active participation in all scrum ceremonies, follow AGILE best practices effectively.
- Play a key role in the development team to build high-quality, high-performance, scalable code
- Produce technical design documents and conduct technical walkthroughs
- Document and demonstrate solutions using technical design docs, diagrams, and stubbed code
- Collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Respond to and resolve production issues.
What we are looking for
- A minimum of 5+ years of significant experience in application development.
- Develop design and architecture exposure and ability to ensure quality across various technology components that are developed by geographically diversified software engineer
- Superior knowledge of system architecture, object-oriented design, and design patterns.
- Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile, Test-driven development.
- Proficiency in the development environment, including IDE, web & application server, GIT, Azure DevOps, unit-testing tool and defect management tools
- Domain knowledge in Financial Industry and Capital Markets is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills are essential, with strong verbal and writing proficiencies.
- Mentor teams, innovate and experiment, give face to business ideas and present to key stakeholders
Required technical skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering is required, or in lieu, a demonstrated equivalence in work experience
- Minimum 5+ years of work experience in Technology (application development and production support).
- Strong hands-on experience in designing, developing, testing, and successfully deploying critical and complex projects
- Strong Java/.NET Core skills with experience in development of concurrent and distributed systems
- Advanced experience with Spring-based technologies (Spring Boot etc.)
- Experience in designing and implementing REST APIs & micro services-based solutions.
- Should have experience writing unit/integration tests
- Experience writing SQL queries and good understanding of data model, python knowledge is a plus.
- Basic Knowledge of User Interface design & development using Angular, React, HTML5, XML & CSS
- Working knowledge in AWS cloud (EC2, ECS, Load Balancer, Security Group, EMR, Lambda, S3, Glue, etc.)
- Experience in DevOps development and deployment using docker and containers
- Good knowledge about Infrastructure and exposure to CI/CD
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A full stack developer with a knowledge to develop and execute complex deployment scenarios
- Solid Experience in JAVA, JSON, REST, PL- SQL
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
Job ID: 284889
Posted On: 2023-05-09
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada