Are you looking for a company that empowers talent?
Here at Siemens, we take pride in enabling sustainable progress through technology. We do this through empowering customers by combining the real and digital worlds. Improving how we live, work, and move today and for the next generation!
From Day 1, you are empowered to create an impact with your full potential and creativity to make a difference for tomorrow.
We truly have an inclusive and diverse team culture where you can be yourself.
Our extensive global presence offers a diverse range of career opportunities across various industries, nations, and job domains, empowering our workforce to continuously enhance their skills and stay competitive.
Create a better tomorrow with us!
As the Dispatching Operator, you will:
You will deliver timely and legally-compliant dispatch service handling for the economic benefit of the company and the customer.
- Creates or prepares all documents needed for dispatch considering laws and regulations (hazardous goods ordinance...), in order to ensure a timely and cost-efficient delivery.
- DG advisor for outbound traffic solutions & coordination, along with DG and Hazardous Goods management supporting BP & RSS.
- Assembles and prepares the goods in accordance with delivery priorities and agreements for dispatch, in order to design dispatch plans in the optimum way and meet customer requirements.
- Commissions and distributes the transport services to (external) service providers considering laws and regulations (export business, customs), in order to guarantee a smooth and low-cost transport.
- (Enters and) maintains processing logistics dangerous goods data mainly for EDR new item setup, in order to make the flow of goods and values secure and efficient.
- Conducts DG general awareness training for warehouse and ensures team is maintaining DOT and IATA certifications as needed.
- Actively contributes to cooperation with all others involved and with interface partners and passing on all the relevant information, in order to keep themselves and others informed and create an optimum logistics chain.
- Schedules Packaging Material (EU-Pallets, cardboard packaging, sea-freight packaging, and filling material).
- Forwards the information about transport damages and claims notifications to the respective contacts.
- Prepares traffic related collect shipments including labeling of parcels and providing BOLs for truck shipments.
- Assist with customer escalation or hot list orders.
- Assist with projects or other assigned WHO related projects.
You will make impact if you have the following qualifications:
- HS Diploma / GED
- DOT Certification, IATA Certification
- 3-5 years experience working with dangerous goods (DG) products in domestic ground and air shipments
- Able to interpret regulations and provide compliant solutions to co-workers and customers
- Experience with Microsoft Office products
- IMDG Certification
- 5+ years of experience working with dangerous goods (DG) products in international ocean, ground and air shipments
- Experience with administration of carrier setup and authorizations
- Experience with loading carrier rate tables into SAP
- Experience with training with dangerous goods (DG) general awareness
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Wellness Program
Click here to learn more about our extensive benefits offerings.
**Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored visa work authorization.**
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.