Segment : S&P Global Corporate
The Role: Quality Engineer II
The Team: The Climate Service, an S&P Global company, provides climate analytics to help the world’s financial institutions and Fortune 500 companies to measure the financial risk from climate change. We are a fast-growing team on a mission to embed climate data into global decision-making. We believe this will accelerate the transition to a low-carbon economy, and help make the world more resilient to the most important challenge of our time.
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and skilled engineer for the Climanomics® platform. This engineer would help us to accelerate our Climate Analytics work.
The Impact: The Quality Engineer will work to improve and enhance the scalability, and performance of our cutting-edge Climanomics® platform
What’s in it for you: It’s a fast-paced agile environment that deals with huge volumes of data, so you’ll have an opportunity to sharpen your data skills and work on an emerging technology stack
• Perform analysis and articulate solutions.
• Design underlying engineering for use in multiple product offerings supporting a large volume of end-users.
• Develop project plans with task breakdowns and estimates.
• Manage and improve existing solutions.
• Solve a variety of complex problems and figure out possible solutions, weighing the costs and benefits.
• Perform other duties as assigned
What We’re Looking For:
• Bachelors/Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.
• 3+ years’ experience in Test Automation QA
• Work as part of the engineering team to analyse the functionality of applications and design automated tests to validate functional and non-functional requirements
• Build and maintain a library of automated regression tests
• Integrate regression testing into the build and deployment pipelines
• Smoke test environments post deployment to ensure applications functions properly
• Identify software application weaknesses and target areas.
• Report and review software bug reports highlighting problem areas.
• Identify quality issues and create test reports.
• Collaborate with the engineering team to solve application faults.
• Work on a highly collaborative and growing team in an Agile environment
• Familiarity and/or enthusiasm with Data Science / Machine Learning is a plus
• Experience working in cloud computing environments such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
• Experience in Databricks, SnowFlake
Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative , we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace.
Grade/Level (relevant for internal applicants only): 9
The Location: Hyderabad / Gurgaon
About Company Statement:
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world’s leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you’ll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
Job ID: 286013
Posted On: 2023-10-26
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India