Siemens US Talent Acquisition :
Process Automation Account Manager
Siemens Digital Industry – Process Automation is searching for a highly motivated professional Sales Engineer/Specialist with a passion for customer engagement and sales growth. The ideal location for this position is the Baton Rouge, Louisiana, or surrounding area – responsible for the greater Louisiana, Mississippi, and East Texas territory. The Account Manager will be responsible for driving growth of Process Automation sales revenue and market share in the defined geography.
This is a sales position focused on the sale of process automation products, solutions, and services – DCS and associated automation and process instrumentation components. The Account Manager is responsible for managing existing process automation account relationships, prospect and develop new accounts, define opportunities, and manage those to closure using the established sales and opportunity tracking methodology.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a strong team selling the best end to end industrial automation solutions in the market. Siemens is a global company leading the charge in providing innovative solutions to bolster the manufacturing renaissance in the US.
This role is an individual contributor role and does not have any direct reports.
The Account Manager will be expected to build strong relationships with end customers, solution partners, and channel partners. They will be responsible for managing existing process automation account relationships, prospect and develop new accounts, work with existing integrators and channel partners, define opportunities, and manage opportunities to closure. In addition, the Account Manager will regularly collaborate with other Siemens sales groups to provide solutions to our customers and increase our market share.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Understanding their market as it relates to customer requirements, opportunities and competition
- Foster long term partnerships with senior management at key customer accounts, solutions partners, and channel partners
- Build and maintain a business plan by cultivating a healthy sales pipeline by uncovering new opportunities, following up on leads and managing the existing customer base
- Engage business unit technical and industry experts to provide solutions that address unique customer requirements
- Collaborate with Marketing, Product Management, and other groups to enhance strategic and tactical product and service positioning
- Professionally escalate and expedite customer issues
- Prepare presentations and professional proposals that highlight the value of our solutions and services
- Developing a personal sales strategy that maximizes the return on time investment.
- Leverage customer relationship management tools to manage the entire sales cycle, prioritize activities, and provide accurate forecasting information
- Ability to articulate the advantages and specific requirements for implementation of our Process Automation Systems; understanding of the components - CPU, I/O, etc.
- Local travel requirements 30%-50% of the time as required to support customers, new business development, and channel partners within assigned territory
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Business degree or 3+ years of education and related work experience
- Ability to both prospect/business develop and manage existing account opportunities
- Inherent ability to self-motivate and work independently
- Excellent presentation skills to all levels of the business
- Organization and time management skills to succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to influence those outside your reporting structure
- 2-3 day trips visiting customers/week
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS in Engineering preferred or related technical field
- 5+ years of sales or related experience (or equivalent background in a customer facing process automation role)
- Experience with process industries such as chemical, petrochemical, renewable market, sugar, paper, etc.
- Preferred technical skills - conceptually lay out a distributed control system based on the application, number of control loops and I/O count and discuss the connectivity to Siemens controllers and third party controllers and communication protocol requirements.
- Knowledge of customers and competitors within the defined territory is a plus
- Large project pursuit, complex sales process, and technology conversion experience is a plus
PLEASE NOTE: Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.