Siemens Industry, Inc. is looking for a Calibration Technician to calibrate various building automation instruments to include temperature, humidity and pressure transmitters. This position provides ongoing support at one of Siemens’ valued customer sites and requires a motivated, enthusiastic individual with strong organization skill, a positive attitude, and great attention to detail.
- Calibrate various types of instrumentation including temperature, pressure, and humidity transmitters.
- Complete calibrations in a safe, timely, and accurate manner, following Siemens and customer specific policies and proposals.
- Troubleshoot / adjust instrumentation as necessary.
- Responsible for proper handling and maintenance of Siemens and client equipment, including testing and standards equipment.
- Follow current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs)
- Occasionally work on other facility related work tasks/issues that are outside the calibration department’s normal work duties.
- Work with medium and low voltages
- Identify equipment needs and communicate replacement part needs to the appropriate resource to ensure availability.
- Work to understand customer needs and requirements through effective communication and develop customer relationships through excellent customer service. Ensures customer requests are communicated to the appropriate Siemens management resource and met in accordance with management direction.
- Enter timesheets and expense reports daily with accurate labor and expense codes.
- Always maintain a professional image.
- Always consider safety when executing tasks and projects. Ensure that work areas are safe, neatly organized and professional on-site.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Basic understanding of Traceability, Test Accuracy, and Tolerances.
- Skilled with mechanical, and electrical instrumentation; as well as computer-based process control loops and systems; understands and applies basic concepts of calibration and requirements including accuracy testing.
- Basic understanding and application of instrument, equipment, and loop calibrations of various parameters in manufacturing and laboratory environments.
- Ability to climb stairs. Moderate to heavy lifting.
- Understanding and awareness of safety requirements and safe practices.
- General electrical panel knowledge and electrical safety procedures.
- Must have knowledge of computers and MS Suite software products.
- Reliable, confident, eager to learn, and enjoy working with people.
- Able to make independent decisions within defined scope of work, seeks clarification and directions when needed. Must be self-driven and demonstrate ability to work with little direction.
- Listens well and asks questions to learn more.
- Strong documentation and communication skills.
- Associates Degree or similar education or experience desired (High School Diploma or GED Equivalent is a minimum requirement).
- Independent, self-learner and high desire for high quality products and systems.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing.
- Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Customer is a Pharmaceutical Manufacturer.
- Knowledge of cGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Practices) is a plus.
- Individuals having experience with Building Automation Systems.
- Knowledge in HVAC mechanical and/or Electrical systems
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.