***Selected candidate must be able to work Eastern Time Zone hours***
S&P Dow Jones Indices is seeking a Cloud Engineer to be a key player in the Infrastructure Engineering team to manage the systems administration of AWS Cloud environment used for running index applications. This role requires a seasoned engineer who works effectively, both independently as well as collaboratively, in a team environment.
The candidate will build solutions to manage AWS Cloud Infrastructure resource provisioning and administration for our index applications. As part of the core S&PDJI Technology team, the candidate will have the opportunity to work on innovative technologies, work closely with Index business stakeholders and participate in formulating the technology strategy to support & grow the Index business.
- Administer AWS infrastructure including compute, network and storage resources.
- Provision compute instances in AWS and manage resource utilization.
- Engineer storage solutions, content replication, meet performance requirements.
- Engineer network solutions in AWS and establish connectivity to data centers.
- Develop Linux & Ansible scripts to deploy systems configurations on the Cloud.
- Deploy security patches and upgrades on RedHat Linux Operating Systems.
- Configure core services like DNS, LDAP, syslog, mail etc.
- Deploy RDS/Aurora database instances and coordinate with DBA teams.
- Deploy managed services in AWS for Kinesis, Kafka, ElasticSearch, API Gateway etc.
- Deploy Machine Learning solutions using AWS SageMaker
- Orchestrate container deployment using ECS, EKS, Docker
- Deploy systems monitoring and reporting solutions.
- Recommend hardware and right sizing infrastructure.
- Coordinate implementation of Firewall rules and routing changes.
- Investigate latency issues, network packet drops, system performance issues.
- Address security vulnerabilities in infrastructure.
- Participate in Risk Assessment reviews, audits.
- Implement highly available & fault-tolerant solutions to withstand system failures.
- Maintain network diagrams, systems installation configuration & guides, support procedures and runbook.
- Manage and execute disaster recovery plans, coordinate change control process, obtain approvals.
- Respond to critical production issues and provide immediate workarounds to maintain business continuity.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering is required, or in lieu, a demonstrated equivalence in work experience; MS in Computer Science desirable.
- 10+ years of experience in Infrastructure Engineering and Systems Administration.
- Experience working with cloud computing platforms (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Experience in System Administration on RedHat Linux or Unix.
- Experience in setting up virtual machines & provisioning storage.
- Experience in building network solutions.
- Experience working in data centers or deployment of large-scale IT infrastructure.
- Experience in system monitoring using Nagios, Splunk, Datadog or other products.
- Hands-on experience in troubleshooting production issues and meeting critical SLAs.
- Excellent communication skills are essential, with strong verbal and writing proficiencies.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
Job ID: 287107
Posted On: 2023-10-02
Location: Virtual, Alberta, Canada