Position Title: Target Market Manager – LV Power Distribution OEM (Possibly Remote)
Location: Peachtree Corners, GA, OH, MI, PA, TX, MN, or CO
Who We Are:
We are the Commercial Market Development (CMD) team, part of the Circuit Protection & Controls (CP&C) business unit, which is part of the broader organization of Siemens Smart Infrastructure - Electrical Products (SI EP). The overall responsibility of this position is to be a liaison between our customers, Sales, and Business Unit. The CMD team is a cross-functional role that will involve regular coordination with many departments including but not limited to marketing, product management, engineering, sales, logistics, pricing, finance, and application engineering.
We serve a vast array of OEM panelboard builders offering customers with specialization in circuit protection and power distribution systems. We classify these builders as power original equipment manufacturers (Power OEMs), and power distribution panel builders.
We live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our team members to act as owners and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Siemens is looking for a Target Market Manager (TMM) to join our Commercial Market Development field team. The candidate will play a vital role in extending our team’s coverage and support in a growing portion of our business.
The TMM position is a field business unit role, working side-by-side with our sales team and directly with customers. This is a business development and consulting role requiring a business, commercial, and technical skill set. The TMM is responsible and empowered for developing, maintaining a business, and resolving challenges that occur. The TMM will be supported by other team members as well as an extensive team of application engineering, product managers, R&D, plants and operations, supply chain, as well as BU management and financial communities across the Electrical Products business.
In addition to the business / commercial responsibility, the TMM will be responsible for supporting the technical and consultive needs of the role. This requires a knowledge and skill set of applicable standards, such as NEC, ANSI, and UL. Technical knowledge and know-how in the areas of use of low-voltage circuit protection.
The territory is account-based within the domestic U.S.A. with as much account centralization as possible. The account base will be a mixture of existing businesses and the development of new businesses. The location of where the candidate is home based is flexible but does require to candidate to be stationed near a major airport.
The Target Market Manager will report to the Commercial Market Development Manager with a dotted line reporting to the LV Power Distribution OEM Program Manager.
Key Target Market Specialist Responsibilities Include:
- Assisting the AMPLIFY Program Manager with special projects and activities related to hitting timelines in the program plan.
- Keep up to date with the latest developments in the technology, market, and competitive environment and thus act as a driving force for strategic initiatives and programs.
- Lead special project teams consisting of others within the business unit and across other groups including sales, other business units, and support groups within EP and our shared services.
- Contributor to the account business planning process with sales and business unit resources
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with existing and new customers.
- Support our account managers with prospecting and onboarding new accounts through direct actions, as well as through promoting the products and program.
- Support our account managers with quotations and project proposals.
- May act as a point of contact to assigned customers in commercial matters and influences collaboration within the organization to secure customer support.
- Support customers/targets with training.
- Manage the delivery of marketing and technical materials and training.
- Monitor sales activity and conduct regular reviews with sales, customers, and Siemens Management.
- Assist the Product Manager team with new product rollouts including training, supporting documents, competitive analysis, promotions, and all other relevant.
- Expected travel for this role will be up to 40%.
KPI’s / Deliverables
- Sales volume and growth.
- Sales margin and EBIT.
- Market transparency of the assigned territory.
- Monthly opportunity reporting.
- New customer acquisition.
- Account Business Plan / Customer Development Plan.
- Share of Wallet analysis.
- Account-level product forecasting.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience with circuit protection and power distribution.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Excellent relationship and commercial skills.
- Self-motivated and driven.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required. Tableau and Salesforce are a plus.
- Good Sales and Marketing background with a track record of success in achieving goals.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in electrical engineering, or sales and marketing
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without the need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
* Competitive salary based on qualifications.
* Health, dental, and vision plans.
* Matching 401(k) up to 6%.
* Flexible vacation plan.
* Paid parental leave.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.