Are you looking for a company that empowers talent?
Here at Siemens, we take pride in enabling sustainable progress through technology. We do this through empowering customers by combining the real and digital worlds. Improving how we live, work, and move today and for the next generation!
From Day 1, you are empowered to create an impact with your full potential and creativity to make a difference for tomorrow.
We truly have an inclusive and diverse team culture where you can be yourself.
Our extensive global presence offers a diverse range of career opportunities across various industries, nations, and job domains, empowering our workforce to continuously enhance their skills and stay competitive.
Create a better tomorrow with us!
The Siemens Project Management Office (PMO) is looking for an Associate Project Manager (APM) to join our team in Electrification and Automation (EA) and Protection and Automation (P&A) Team. The Electrification & Automation business unit covers the entire spectrum for power distribution systems and solutions as well as products for protection technology, station automation, telecontrol technology, power quality, smart communication and microgrids. As a APM, you will be responsible for supporting the Project Management team for the successful execution of projects, from project initiation through final closeout. You will work in a matrix style organization requiring excellent coordination skills and the ability to manage competing priorities. Headquartered in Wendell, NC, the EA PMO executes a diverse portfolio of projects, and this position will be focused on Large Solutions, including medium-voltage power distribution equipment packaging and services. The APM role comes with ample opportunities for growth, reflective of Siemens mission to empower people with a growth mindset. As a customer facing team, we keep customer satisfaction at the forefront as we manage large projects in a fast-paced environment.
As the Associate Project Manager, you will:
- Supporting the project manager during all phases of the project including milestone deliverables, documentation, case management and financial aspects.
- Drive support with the Customer Care team in creating use cases to assure project acceptance and customer satisfaction.
- Develop and deliver monthly status reports, customer progress reports, customer change proposals, and presentations to management and internal / external stakeholders on an as needed basis.
- Drive final customer acceptance milestone including completion of all documentation requirements, gear acceptance and closing financial documentation requirements.
- 10% Travel required (national and international)
- Coordinate to develop and maintain a project schedule and coordinate needs with the project and site teams. Identify time-sensitive project needs.
- Manage factory ship shorts cases and subsequent ship short cases as required with the global care team.
- Track resources and project progress. Participate in customer meetings, drive them on behalf of project managers as needed and capture notes during all phases of the project: from project start to close and punch list meetings.
- Capture punch list from site commissioning and drive closure through close coordination with Siemens field service technicians, customer care team, project managers, factory personnel and vendors. Attend meetings with customer and Siemens site team to update on progress site punch list.
- Document project events that impact the acceptance schedule, scope of work, and project efficiency, identify solutions and review with project manager to drive actions to minimize schedule and cost impact to the project.
- Orientate for project field service technicians in coordination with Customer Care and provide all necessary project documentation, including scope of work, drawings, applicable specifications, application-engineered drawings, project contacts, etc.
- Schedule project-specific commissioning resources and provide commissioning documentation. Ensure field service personnel scheduled to visit project sites have reviewed project documentation ahead of site visit
- Expedite the return of project-specific mark-ups during project development.
- Support completion of project-specific close-out documentation.
- Own and drive all aspects of the close milestone processing to achieve timely and clean project quality gates.
You will make impact if you have the following qualifications:
- Minimum education: Bachelor of Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree preferred, or Bachelor of Business Administration.
- Project management or engineering internship or related work experience
- Basic knowledge and understanding of power distribution; ability to read and understand basic electrical drawings and customer specifications.
- Ability to work in a team environment providing dedicated support to our customers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Wellness Program
- Flexible Time off or Generous paid – time off depending on position level
Click here to learn more about our extensive benefits offerings.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.