Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
We are looking for a well-organized, motivated team-player to join our team. The Office Administrator directly supports the Branch General Manager, along with other members of the branch leadership team with administration, documentation, scheduling, financial expense support, meeting coordination, minute taking, and special projects. The role requires great skills in communication and prioritization to appropriately manage a wide variety of functions required to keep our busy team operating successfully.
- Answers, screens, and places phone calls, and manages in- and outbound correspondence.
- Schedule and organize activities such as meetings, travel, conferences, and department events for the members of the leadership team.
- Create visual presentations for the leadership team.
- Act as point of contact for fleet administration for our roles that require participation in the Siemens Vehicle Plan.
- Be the point of contact for local safety planning and information.
- Organize and prioritize large volumes of information and communication.
- Field and answer all business-related questions, seeking assistance from subject matter experts from within and outside of our branch as necessary.
- Work on special projects.
- Responsible for on-boarding and off-boarding coordination for new hires/employees with hiring manager.
- Order stationery, office materials and office hardware.
- Manage branch accounts payable and cost center PO creation.
- Organize and maintain shared drives to assure efficiency and coordination of data.
- Prepare and design charts, tables, graphs, business plans, etc. Proofread copy for spelling, grammar, and layout, making appropriate changes so that that the final copy is accurate and clear.
- Support the leadership team with the proficient use of software, including MS Office, SRM (indirect purchase orders), Concur (Expenses), aspects of SAP (ERP system), recruitment software, SharePoint etc.
- Demonstrate excellent project- and time-management skills to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail. Acts as branch compliance and SAP local access coordinator.
- Use interpersonal and communication skills to build relationships with stakeholders.
- Utilize their strong problem solving and planning skills.
- Work well in a highly matrixed organization, and with managers and employees of all levels to advising on, gather, prepare, and vet material in a poised and tactful manner.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam
- Successful experience providing team support as either an administrative assistant or team assistant; 3+ years preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Aptitude to quickly master software programs related to administrative support i.e. Microsoft Office, Concur, Turbo Tracker, etc
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.