Are you looking for a company that empowers talent?
Here at Siemens, we take pride in enabling sustainable progress through technology. We do this through empowering customers by combining the real and digital worlds. Improving how we live, work, and move today and for the next generation!
From Day 1, you are empowered to create an impact with your full potential and creativity to make a difference for tomorrow.
We truly have an inclusive and diverse team culture where you can be yourself.
Our extensive global presence offers a diverse range of career opportunities across various industries, nations, and job domains, empowering our workforce to continuously enhance their skills and stay competitive.
Create a better tomorrow with us!
The Siemens Project Management Office (PMO) is looking for a Project Manager (PM) to join our team in Electrification and Automation (EA). The Electrification & Automation business unit covers the entire spectrum for power distribution systems and solutions as well as products for protection technology, station automation, telecontrol technology, power quality, smart communication and microgrids. As a PM, you will be responsible for the successful execution of projects, from project initiation through final closeout. You will work in a matrix style organization requiring excellent coordination skills and the ability to manage competing priorities. Headquartered in Wendell, NC, the EA PMO executes a diverse portfolio of projects and this position will be focused on Large Solutions, including medium-voltage power distribution equipment packaging and services. The Senior PM role comes with ample opportunities for growth, reflective of Siemens mission to empower people with a growth mindset. As a customer facing team, we keep customer satisfaction at the forefront as we manage large projects in a fast-paced environment.
As the Project Manager, you will:
- Direct all phases of projects from inception through completion.
- Responsible for the cost, schedule, quality, and technical performance of the assigned project(s).
- Establish milestones and monitor adherence to master plans and schedules.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Provide regular updates to team, management, and PMO on work performed, plans, budget, and overall status.
- Identify project problems and obtain solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
- Manage customer expectations across project cycle and lead single and multi-product medium voltage solutions projects
- Direct diagnostics with the ability to determine root cause and corrective actions.
- 20% Travel required (national and international)
You will make impact if you have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college
- 3-5 years of relevant experience managing similar portfolios
- Experience in identifying and implementing cost savings measures within project
- Demonstrated leadership skills and a proven track record of managing multi-disciplinary teams, including program management, services, engineering, operations, and logistics
- Commitment to develop, drive, and manage projects in a highly competitive market
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, to present complex issues to multi-level audiences and effectively communicate progress, status and issues to internal and external Customers
- Ability to interpret and report results to senior management as well as customer
- PMP certification as a plus
- PMP certification is required within 1 year of employment
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Wellness Program
- Flexible Time off or Generous paid – time off depending on position level
Click here to learn more about our extensive benefits offerings.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.