Siemens Industry – Factory Automation business unit has a Systems Engineer position available. The position is focused on supporting our project business utilizing a Siemens-centric control systems for automated machinery. The Systems Engineer will help design, program, test, debug, and commission control system projects.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a strong team providing the best end to end industrial automation and motion solutions in the market. Siemens is leading the charge in providing innovative solutions to bolster the manufacturing renaissance in the US.
- Design, implement, and maintain PLC and HMI software programs.
- Troubleshoot, test, and debug control systems.
- Revise programs to operational order based on customer requirements.
- Create electrical schematics and help team members interpret prints/assemble control panels.
- Modify program/system logic consisting of multiple systems and subsystems.
- Interact with external/internal customers to gain an understanding of the business environment and define scope, plans, and deliverables for assigned work.
- Create Bill of Materials and maintain other necessary documentation.
- Travel to customers’ location to help install, test, and debug machinery.
- Up to 50% travel (domestic and international)
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 5+ years of experience in industrial controls and systems integration
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, or Computer Engineering (or equivalent experience)
- Proficient in working with automation and drives.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent attention to detail, and has a willingness to learn new technologies quickly as our team continually adapts to new systems and processes.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Siemens automation and drives experience.
- Action Oriented: Enjoys working hard and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging. Not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning and seizes more opportunity than others. Can rally the organization behind the right opportunities and initiatives.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive and need to finish. Seldom gives up before finishing, in face of resistance and setbacks.
- Organizational Agility: Knows how to get things done through formal and informal networks. Understands the culture of the organization. Works effectively in a matrix structure to exploit opportunities.
- Customer Focus: Intense customers focus and uses customer information for improvement in products and service.
- Printing Industry Vertical Experience desired but not required
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.