The Solution Director is a Senior, experienced global technology and business leader who applies deep industry engineering knowledge and best practices to contribute individually and collaborate with global teams of business development and technical contributors, from Sales and Services to Software Development.
We are seeking technical and business leaders who possess extensive experience in industrial machinery and systems, through the entire life cycle, from engineering through manufacturing and service. Successful candidates have experience with utilizing and management of core engineering and or/ manufacturing management systems.
We are focusing this role on individuals who possess deep knowledge designing and building machines in support of discrete manufacturing or the process industry.
Builds the future direction of Industrial Machinery software by leading initiatives focused on developing winning solutions for the Industrial Machinery industry.
- Defines Industrial Machinery solutions that span the full Digital Industry Software portfolio with a focus on engineering
- software, involving subject matter experts from the field and relevant business segments
- Creates unique solutions that anticipate future opportunities, uncovering and resolving unmet industry needs, by applying
- software-based solutions to key Industrial Machinery business processes
- Establishes firm financial foundation for solutions based best in class industry process context and business value justification
- Collaborates with selected external solution partners to extend Industrial Machinery solution capabilities
Supports the Industrial Machinery industry go-to-market through industry solution campaigns and field enablement in high priority areas
- Supports definition of Industrial Machinery solution messaging and value propositions
- Collaborates with Industry and Business Segment marketing teams to enable them to create compelling internally and externally facing campaign materials
- Supports industry solution go-to-market enablement for direct and channel sales organizations
- Engages with strategic customers to understand solution requirements
- Supports sale of strategic Industrial Machinery solutions
- Supports the global Industrial Machinery industry leader in defining industry strategy and aligning relevant stakeholders in the company.
- Engineering degree – Mechanical, Electrical, Software, Manufacturing Operations Management, or equivalent
- Detailed knowledge of Industrial Machinery business methods, processes and practices, with excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills.
- Concentrated experience in Industrial Machinery or Factory Automation Systems industry. Experience working in multidisciplinary engineering teams, in one or more of the following areas is highly desirable: Machine Design & Engineering, Control Systems / Automation Engineering, Manufacturing, Service & Support, Lifecycle Management and/or Industrial IOT
- Direct, practical experience with several of the following software technology categories corresponding to Siemens portfolio: MCAD, ECAD, CAE, PLM, ALM, Manufacturing Engineering, CAM, Manufacturing Operations Management (MES), Service Lifecycle Management, IOT
- Normal office environment. Can work from home, within 2 hour drive to a regional airport or possibly work from local office if located in most major cities
- This is a global role and it is expected that the candidate has appropriate freedom to travel in accordance with aforementioned responsibilities
The salary range for this position is $136,700 to $246,100 and this role is eligible to earn incentive compensation. The actual compensation offered is based on the successful candidate’s work location as well as additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education/training. Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: www.benefitsquickstart.com. In addition, this position is eligible for time off in accordance with Company policies, including paid sick leave, paid parental leave, PTO (for non-exempt employees) or non-accrued flexible vacation (for exempt employees).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.We are Siemens
A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance, pension, and private healthcare.
Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.