Title: Lead Quality Engineer (Hybrid)
Location: Peachtree Corners, GA
Siemens Central Quality Management team is seeking a Lead Quality Engineer to support our Quality Engineering Systems and provide Quality Management support to our manufacturing facilities located across the US, Canada, and Mexico. This role will be based in our business unit headquarters office located in Peachtree Corners, GA.
This is a senior role in the organization, which requires interaction across the organization, with a range of internal stakeholders, to develop, monitor, and report the quality key performance indicators for the business segment, including the need for improvement, and to act as an expert in the Quality Engineering Systems, providing overall Quality Management support for our factories.
The incumbent will be responsible for monthly business quality objective reports (e.g., non-conforming cost, root causes, internal and external issues, corrective actions, effectiveness of those actions, etc.) and supporting factory Quality Managers with entering KPI results into the global business tools and with quality cost reduction plans to assure high level objectives are met and to ensure continuous improvement across factories.
In addition, this role is responsible for supporting the Quality Management team with internal/external audits and providing clear guidance by ensuring strong policies, procedures, and objectives are provided.
- Develop annual business quality objectives and communicate with each level of the organization that will be required to implement the plans to reach an agreement that the plan is achievable.
- Monitor and report monthly quality key performance indicators (KPIs), non-conforming cost, corrective action status, effectiveness of those actions, and customer escalations. Ensure all submitted data is complete and accurate, and validate data accuracy across different platforms.
- Routinely analyze quality data and failure analysis reports, seeking to understand manufacturing trends, and provide this information on a timely basis so that clear future strategy can be mapped and achieved. Advise business management of specific quality-related issues, including the need for improvement.
- Prepare quality-related analyses, concepts, methods, presentations. Maintain and update information related to quality investigations and corrective actions and ensure effective communication with Quality Managers helping them to achieve continued success in their respective factories.
- Establish quality improvement plans for multiple manufacturing facilities to improve product quality and reduce non-conforming costs. Work diligently with Quality Managers to improve internal and external processes, practices, and products to provide consumers with the best value possible.
- Mentor Quality Management teams regarding problem solving methodologies, tools and other quality techniques to resolve quality issues. Utilize lean six sigma disciplines: root cause analysis, correction action, validation, and control and preventive recurrence.
- Support internal audit programs, assessing the organization against QMS and certification regulatory standards.
- Evaluate quality gates and internal audit findings, recommend corrective actions, develop metrics, and monitor appropriate corrective actions activities.
- Assist all departments in documenting processes, work instructions, flow charts and related paperwork, providing clear guidance by ensuring strong policies, procedures, and objectives are provided.
- Proactively lead or assist in training others using various presentation and demonstration approaches such as in-person, web training, computer-based, video conferencing, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial Engineering or related field required.
- 10 plus years of experience in quality engineering, manufacturing, production and/or operation
- Black Belt Certification and/or Lean Practitioner Certification desired.
- Technical understanding of electrical power systems and electrical power distribution/circuit protection products.
- Proactive issue identification and very strong data analytical skills required.
- Experienced auditing skills and excellent problem-solving abilities.
- High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, team player.
- Professional communication skills (written and spoken), friendly demeanor and must be approachable, lead with warmth.
- Must be able to collaborate across business structures and cultures actively and effectively.
- Passion for excellence, integrity, innovation, and success.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required.
- 15% Travel - both domestically and internationally.
- Competitive pay.
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and paid time off.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
EEO is the Law:
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.