Position Title: Senior Procurement Specialist
Location: Peachtree Corners, GA
Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your passion for innovation and digitalization, your adaptive leadership style, and your networking power in an ecosystem of customers, partners, and providers? Then look to Siemens!
Smart Infrastructure combines the real and digital worlds across energy systems, buildings, and industries, enhancing the way people live and work and significantly improving efficiency and sustainability. We work together with customers and partners to create an ecosystem that both intuitively responds to the needs of people and helps customers achieve their business goals. It helps our customers to thrive, communities to progress and supports sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation.
We create environments that care & we invite you to join us!
The Procurement Specialist position is assigned the Electrical Product Business in USA/Canada/Mexico unit and supports the development and implementation of a procurement strategy for the area of responsibility. Helps develop and drive the location supply chain strategy. Supports the plant Procurement activities to optimize supply cost and EVA (economic value contribution) contribution. Assists with the development of a supply base to reduce product risks (quality, delivery, etc.) and increase our reliability towards our customers.
- Creates transparency on the supplier market, introduces and drives qualification of new suppliers, benchmarks existing supplier base
- Developing alternate supply chain to support operational growth
- Drive supplier development projects along with operations, supplier quality management for critical commodities – Scouting, RFQ, tooling development, supplier capacity planning, YoY productivity, cost transparency, and ramp-up (with materials team)
- Provide benchmark data and market study information to help drive contribution to net income generation and supplier changes
- Initiate and participate in sourcing team decisions/activities for location specific parts.
- Support commodity managers in contract development for alternate supplier
- Support development of general quality agreement (owned by CQ) and logistic agreement (owned by materials) for new supply chain
- Develop end to end supply chain and alternate process/technologies
- Support the role of Location Procurement Manager in the plant in developing and implementing location procurement strategies
- Participates in the PLM process and integrates supplier and supply market expertise prior to decisions on product portfolio.
What you will bring –
- A strong network and demonstrated ability to manage and nurture key relationships
- Strong project management and organizational skills; Meticulous attention to detail
- Proven ability to operate in an influential manner with senior executives to assist in driving the business agenda
- Excellent judgment and problem-solving skills
- Role model for Siemens Values; Operates with a high degree of integrity
- Action-oriented approach that is geared toward execution and delivering breakthrough results
- Strong facilitation and collaboration skills; Ability to drive to consensus
- Highly motivated, self-starter that can work autonomously and independently take initiative
- Ability to navigate ambiguous situations and bring clarity to problem solving
- Ability to organize work and deliver on multiple high priorities at the same time
- Proven experience with discretion in handling highly sensitive issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or Supply Chain required.
Experience: At least 5 plus years strong experience working in some aspect of Supplier Management, Product Management, Sales or Product Development preferably relative to a Project/factory environment.
Travel: 25% to North American Operational sites and Supplier’s Facilities in mainly North America.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- An engineering degree is not mandatory, but advantageous
- International business experience is also an advantage
- Sales, System Integration R&D or Product Management
- Commercial Procurement Expertise is important.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.