For more than 160 years, Siemens has been an integral provider of infrastructure, electrification, and transportation solutions in the United States. Rail systems must do one thing above all: run. With modern maintenance solutions – from diagnostics to data-based action recommendations, from quick delivery of replacement parts to strategically planned modernization – we ensure your systems' highest reliability and availability: 100% Railability. We are constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions that increase the availability of infrastructure for the society, optimize route usage and create a new quality of travel.
Good service means we are there for our partners and customers when they need us – and beyond. That is because we define ourselves by what we do. Every day, every hour, every minute. We help our customers move the world.
Siemens is growing in Mobility Customer Service! We are seeking an Electrical Engineer to be onsite in Sacramento, CA. This engineering position provides the opportunity to participate in the development of solutions for a variety of issues, including obsolescence, software optimization, and product improvement, to support our Rolling Stock customers through the life of their vehicles.
You will work with Product Management colleagues, to gather engineering project requirements, including modifications and upgrades, as a result of either specific enquiries or pro-active product improvement opportunities. One will perform material specification, schematic preparation and appropriate follow-up. Leading semi-complex design, development, testing and modifications of solutions and participate in preparing explanations and clarifying information to enable accurate interpretation and evaluation of specifications, performance characteristics or other technical data.
What your day-to-day will look like:
- In response to defined customer needs or promotion of product developments, formalize engineering requirements through production of Technical Concepts, supporting specifications, bills of materials and validation plans where necessary,
- Develop software and software specifications for test equipment and systems,
- Design, and update rolling stock component and system electrical schematics for upgrades and product improvements,
- Provide engineering expertise during an Incident Repair Process ensuring value for money, maintaining vehicle integrity and customer satisfaction. Development of generic repair instructions, processes and work instructions as required,
- Monitor industry practices to identify applicable standards, processes, products, and materials that can deliver improvements in engineering solutions for maintenance, incident repairs and development activities,
- Support in the technical bid of maintenance and overhaul projects,
- Provide system level Maintenance Concepts, Depot Requirements, Special Tools specifications and service requirements to the delivery project.
To thrive in this role, you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering. In lieu of Bachelor’s degree, a combination of education and Siemens or Rail Industry relevant work experience will be considered,
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Electrical Engineering or a related field,
- Experience with Schematic Creation / Editing,
- Setting you apart from others would be a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with 3-5 years of experience in Electrical Engineering and experience with PLC programming, LabVIEW and SAP. Rail Industry experience would be a plus as well.
Why you'll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1!
- We believe that each member of our team is accountable for making decisions, solving problems, and taking actions that contribute to long-term impact and financial success.
- We do the right thing. We stand for green innovations and meaningful solutions with impact on customers, ecosystem partners, society, and environment.
- We are frontrunners in digitalization and building platforms. Therefore, we are hiring ambitious forward-thinkers who want to have a real impact.
- Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning. We operate daily with a growth mindset - that's why Siemens consistently ranks on the Fortune World's Most Admired Companies list!
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without needing current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The base salary range for this position in Sacramento, CA is $72,030 - $118,300. The actual salary/wage offered may be lower or higher depending on budget and candidate experience, knowledge, skills, and qualifications.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.