For more than 160 years, Siemens has been an integral provider of infrastructure, electrification, and transportation solutions in the United States. Rail systems must do one thing above all: run. With modern maintenance solutions – from diagnostics to data-based action recommendations, from quick delivery of replacement parts to strategically planned modernization – we ensure your systems' highest reliability and availability: 100% Railability. We are constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions that increase the availability of infrastructure for the society, optimize route usage and create a new quality of travel.
Good service means we are there for our partners and customers when they need us – and beyond. That is because we define ourselves by what we do. Every day, every hour, every minute. We help our customers move the world.
Siemens Mobility is seeking a Reliability Engineer for the Brightline Maintenance Contract based in Orlando, FL. The Reliability Engineer will investigate and implement continuous improvements for the Siemens Venture Trainsets and providing specialist technical support to the maintenance teams. In this role you will have the overall responsibility for coordination, implementation, improvement, and performance of field experience related tasks and activities and is embedded into the reliability and availability management department of Siemens Mobility Customer Service.
What your day-to-day will look like:
- Ensure the field experience data and information is collected thoroughly and completely through the given tools, e.g., Salesforce, CMMS or MAXIMO, comprising all corrective and preventive maintenance activities and material use,
- Initiate and follow-up root cause analysis for selected failure and cost drivers to reduce non-conformance costs.
- Responsible for field experience process and workflow implementation and improvement,
- Investigate and progress continuous improvements for the Venture coaches and Charger Locomotives, being responsible for modifications to maintain or enhance the trainset performance,
- Provide specialist technical support to the maintenance teams and produce and lead the Reliability improvement program,
- Designated point of contact for the Customer's engineering team requiring day to day performance information,
- Investigate and then collaborate with the Customer to determine contractual responsibility for Technical Incidents and service delays,
To thrive in this role, you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or vocational training with verifiable 3+ years of experience in rolling stock maintenance. In lieu of Bachelor’s degree, a combination of education and Siemens relevant work experience will be considered,
- Minimum of 3+ years of successful experience in reliability engineering,
- Experience in developing and monitoring key performance indicators,
- Demonstrated experience in the use of MS Excel and other Data Analytics tools like Tableau, Spotfire or Power BI,
- Advanced understanding of Reliability principles in relation to the overall product development life cycle (verification/validation of requirements, failure distributions, root cause analysis, FRACAS, etc.),
- Contract and commercial understanding,
- Ability to analyze data and prepare reports using analytics and business intelligence platforms like Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, TIBCO Spotfire, or similar,
- Well-developed written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills,
- Setting you apart from others would be Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with 3+ years of reliability engineering experience and an understanding of Rolling Stock maintenance regimes and fault-finding principles. Experience or formal training in Quality tools, e.g., six sigma, Cause mapping, 5s. as well as experience with basic Excel/VBA/SQL programming, with knowledge of applying script logic to extract, analyze, or process data along with experience with Reliasoft Software (Weibull ++) analyses is desired. Knowledge of Code of Federal Regulations CFR-49 and an understanding of Railroad key performance indicators/metrics (e.g. MDBF, MTBF, FPM, Availability, MTTR) is a plus.
Why you'll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1!
- We believe that each member of our team is accountable for making decisions, solving problems, and taking actions that contribute to long-term impact and financial success.
- We do the right thing. We stand for green innovations and meaningful solutions with impact on customers, ecosystem partners, society, and environment.
- We are frontrunners in digitalization and building platforms. Therefore, we are hiring ambitious forward-thinkers who want to have a real impact.
- Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning. We operate daily with a growth mindset - that's why Siemens consistently ranks on the Fortune World's Most Admired Companies list!
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without needing current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The base salary range for this position in Orlando, FL is $71,330-$117,300. The actual salary/wage offered may be lower or higher depending on budget and candidate experience, knowledge, skills, and qualifications.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.